Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
that's true. Canadian employers are highly selective. All the employers have cut-off marks i.e I know a large number of firms have min 80% or 3.7 in last degree. They don't like to convert foreign grades into Canadian ones + students with Canadian co-op or work experience are always preferred. Still Canadian CA's are successful in Canada and recently ICAO changed the rule for Uniform Evaluation exam, now you can appear in exam without any experience compared to before when you needed min 18 months experience to write UFE. After UFE the chances of getting positions are high.

xtc2011

Feb 26, 2011
zulkfal said:
Yup am already in Canada, My qualifications are following

1) BSc Economics and finance (Queen Mary, UK)
2) MSc Finance (LSE+Queen Mary Joint Program, UK)
3) MA Econ (U Waterloo, Canada)
Future Plans
4) Planning to take 14 courses from York under Certificate in Accounting to register for CA
How is completing a certificate in accounting from York university going to distinguish you from:

- Recent university accounting graduates who have completed the 51 hour requirement but could not get a CA position
- The 60-70 MMPA students
- Dozens of other students who are completing the 51 hour requirement through continuing education at York or other institutions (Ryerson, UofT)
- Foreign designated accountants with big 4 audit experience:
CAs from India who need to pass only the UFE.
CPAs from the Philippines who need only one course out of the 17.

xtc2011

Feb 26, 2011
ap_123 said:
Any exemptions for ACCA if one decides to go for CMA ??

Also how many papers and how long will it take (Duration) , please ?

Cheers !!
ACCA members are exempt from the CMA entrance exam (the hardest part) and enter the Strategic Leadership Program (SLP).
The SLP take about two months together with the work experience.

It doesn't make sense for a ACCA to pursue CMA........ACCAs can easily become CGAs by passing a bridging course.

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
zulkfal said:
that's true. Canadian employers are highly selective. All the employers have cut-off marks i.e I know a large number of firms have min 80% or 3.7 in last degree. They don't like to convert foreign grades into Canadian ones + students with Canadian co-op or work experience are always preferred. Still Canadian CA's are successful in Canada and recently ICAO changed the rule for Uniform Evaluation exam, now you can appear in exam without any experience compared to before when you needed min 18 months experience to write UFE. After UFE the chances of getting positions are high.
Hi
Thats a very good move by ICAO now they should do something regarding the availability of training contracts for instance giving the CATO status to more companies and firms.

golddstar

Aug 6, 2011
Dear Zulkfal

May I know what courses you had to study before registration with CICA after review of your qualification? How much was the cost for doing these courses?
Do you know how credits of subjects can be granted to a Pakistan person with 2 years MBA finance?

Thank you for your time.

Salman99

Aug 25, 2019
After doing my CA inter from pakistan can I do my articleship in Canada if yes then how much will be required to become qualified CA of Canada.

Salman99

Aug 25, 2019
Hi zulkfal After doing my CA inter from pakistan can I do my articleship in Canada if yes then how much time will be required to become qualified CA of Canada.