+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Résidence sans PTPD / Residency without PGWP

alasa995

Oct 11, 2024
Bonjour,

Je suis étudiante étrangère et j'ai obtenu mon diplôme de maîtrise dans une université au Québec en juin 2024. Après avoir terminé mes études, je suis partie en Angleterre avec mon conjoint. Actuellement, je souhaite obtenir la résidence permanente (RP) pour pouvoir retourner au Canada quand je le souhaite.
Ma question est la suivante : d'après les dernières lois, il semble que les étudiants puissent demander la RP sans devoir passer par les deux années d'expérience professionnelle. À ma connaissance, pour obtenir la RP, il est nécessaire de passer par le processus de demande du Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ).
Je me demande si je peux faire cette demande de CSQ sans passer par un permis de travail post-diplôme. En d'autres termes, est-il possible d'obtenir la RP uniquement avec le CSQ, tant pour moi que pour mon conjoint, sans avoir besoin de demander un permis de travail post-diplôme ? Si oui, pour la demande de RP par la suite, est-il nécessaire que je sois résidente au Québec ou puis-je faire cette demande en ligne ?
Enfin, combien de temps la RP serait-elle valide dans mon cas ?

Merci et bonne journée.

/******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************/
Hello,

I am an international student who completed a master’s degree in Quebec in June 2024. After finishing my studies, I moved to England with my partner. I am now looking to obtain permanent residency (PR) so that I can return to Canada whenever I wish.
My question is: based on the latest laws, it seems that students can apply for PR without needing two years of professional experience. As far as I know, to get PR, one must go through the application process for the Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
I’m wondering if I can apply for the CSQ without going through a post-graduation work permit. In other words, is it possible to obtain PR with just the CSQ, both for myself and my partner, without needing to apply for a post-graduation work permit? If so, for the subsequent PR application, is it necessary for me to be residing in Quebec, or can I apply online?
Finally, how long would the PR be valid in my case?

Thank you, and have a great day.

nzkko

May 13, 2024
PGWP has nothing to do with CSQ. But you need to be legally in Québec when you submit your CSQ application. Also your studies must have been at least 75% in French under the new rules, but I guess you know that.

Not sure what you mean by "how long would PR be valid". You need to fulfil residency obligations in each 5-year window that is you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during each five year period to be in compliance with your residency obligations and thus keep your PR status. If you don't live in Canada, you will eventually be out of compliance. If you don't intend to settle in Canada and just visit, not sure it's worth the hassle, to be honest, and the PR process also costs quite a bit of money.

alasa995

Oct 11, 2024
Thank you for your reply, but this still does not answer my question, do I need the PGWp to apply for PR or can I apply for it from now and outside of Canada, if not what should I do to obtain the PR then? thank you.