+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quorax - Need info regarding Proof of funds - Landing from US

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Hi Quorax,

I am planning to land in Toronto next week and need some info on Proof of Funds for landing. I am planning to complete the landing process, apply for SIN card and come back to USA in one week during my visit to Canada. I will be moving to Canada permanently after 4 months.

I need to show 17000 CAD as POF while landing as we are 3 people (myself, wife & kid). I have 20000 USD in Bank of America in USA and planning to bring Bank of America Cashier Check for 18000 USD and 2000 CAD (Cash).

Please let me know whether Bank of America Cashier Check for 18000$ will be accepted as proof of fund while landing? I may not need more cash in hand as I am going to stay at my friend's home for 4 days and returning to USA.

Please let me know which option is better in my case whether BOA Cashier Check or traveler checks as I will be there just for 4 days and not planning to deposit my money in Canada bank at this point of time. BOA doesn't issue traveler checks and I need to go to American Express Bank to get them (I need to withdraw all money from BOA and deposit the same in American Express to get my traveler checks).

Appreciate your help.

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hey

I am not sure about the route you are taking, seniors can advice you better.

Regarding BOA issuing TCs..... we had the same issue, went to their branch and they said they dont do it, then checked online and their website said they issue them, took the print out of that page next day, to a bigger branch and the manager there said they can do that - the information they provide at the branch at times is not correct (training issue i guess!)...... i will say check again for TCs if you are willing to take them.

Good luck with your landing.... and dont forget to declare the money you are taking at the US customs as well!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medhansh12345 said:
Hi Quorax,

I am planning to land in Toronto next week and need some info on Proof of Funds for landing. I am planning to complete the landing process, apply for SIN card and come back to USA in one week during my visit to Canada. I will be moving to Canada permanently after 4 months.

I need to show 17000 CAD as POF while landing as we are 3 people (myself, wife & kid). I have 20000 USD in Bank of America in USA and planning to bring Bank of America Cashier Check for 18000 USD and 2000 CAD (Cash).

Please let me know whether Bank of America Cashier Check for 18000$ will be accepted as proof of fund while landing? I may not need more cash in hand as I am going to stay at my friend's home for 4 days and returning to USA.

Please let me know which option is better in my case whether BOA Cashier Check or traveler checks as I will be there just for 4 days and not planning to deposit my money in Canada bank at this point of time. BOA doesn't issue traveler checks and I need to go to American Express Bank to get them (I need to withdraw all money from BOA and deposit the same in American Express to get my traveler checks).

Appreciate your help.
You don't need a cashier's cheque. Your current bank statements will be enough.

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Thnaks a lot for the information. Is it that BOA Cashier Checks are not accepted for landing or are you saying it will be easier for me if I have TC's for easy transaction?

My purpose is just to land and all I wanted is to get through the process of showing Proof OF Fund for Landing. I will be there for 3 days and come back to USA at this point of time. I can use my friends card/money in case I need to spend some money on anything, I am also planning to take 2000 CAD cash with me for any expenses. During that 3 day period.

Anyways, I will check with BOA again to see if they can issue TC's.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
medhansh12345 said:
Hi Quorax,

Appreciate your help.
1. That BOA C/Chq & some Cash would suffice for your landing POF.
2. Avoid TCs, due to conversion rate wastage.
3. Usually the US bank statements r fine too - but, lately one member here ran into probs with that - so avoid.

Qorax

ajaya_c2000

Dec 31, 2010
hi quorax,
i am a mining engineer having 9 years of work ex.
my work exp also match with that of 0811 (primary production manager)
but my application was rejected saying the nature of ex do not match
i am helpless
pls help