+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quitting job after AOR

Feb 7, 2019
PR Experts,

I am working in Canada on a closed work permit (ICT) without LMIA. I just completed 1 year of Canadian work expereince. I got ITA with 50 points for arranged employment. I wanted to know if I can quit my job after submitting all my documents. My score is 462 and without those 50 points I won't make the cutoff (438 ). I really don't like my job and want to take a break.

Anyone here quit their job while waiting for PPR?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
PR Experts,

I am working in Canada on a closed work permit (ICT) without LMIA. I just completed 1 year of Canadian work expereince. I got ITA with 50 points for arranged employment. I wanted to know if I can quit my job after submitting all my documents. My score is 462 and without those 50 points I won't make the cutoff (438 ). I really don't like my job and want to take a break.

Anyone here quit their job while waiting for PPR?
Yes I agree with @ContactFront dont quit now. patience my friend patience....
I had claimed the 50 points (but no issues as such about my work and not quitting), but the pretext of the 50 points is that you have the job valid for 1 year after they award you the PR....

Once you get the PR, do whatever you wish for.

Reactions: AvocadoMuncher
Feb 7, 2019
Yes I agree with @ContactFront dont quit now. patience my friend patience....
I had claimed the 50 points (but no issues as such about my work and not quitting), but the pretext of the 50 points is that you have the job valid for 1 year after they award you the PR....

Once you get the PR, do whatever you wish for.
Make sense. Thanks for confirming @bimale4bipeople and @ContactFront .

Fuck.... I guess I will look into unpaid time off while staying at same job. Hope they won't fire me.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Make sense. Thanks for confirming @bimale4bipeople and @ContactFront .

Fuck.... I guess I will look into unpaid time off while staying at same job. Hope they won't fire me.
Dont do any of this till your application has been submitted and has been in the process for over a month or more.
By then your R.10(document completeness check phase would have passed) and your background check will be ongoing.

Reactions: AvocadoMuncher
Feb 7, 2019
Dont do any of this till your application has been submitted and has been in the process for over a month or more.
By then your R.10(document completeness check phase would have passed) and your background check will be ongoing.
Oh wow... Didnt know that. Thanks for sharing that info. Appreiciate it.