+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quiting Job on close work permit.

clover99

Jan 19, 2012
Hi there, I need your help.
I am on a close work permit right now and I haven't been thinking of quiting my job. I have heard from others that even if I quit my job I still can stay in canada until my visa expire which would be in 2014. However, on my LMO, it is stated that my employer is obligated to pay my ticket back to home country.

My question is can I tell my employer that I refuse to go back home before my visa expire? Can they force me to go? Would they inform CIC and ask CIC to revoke my work visa?

I tried to call CIC on Tuesday afternoon. Noone pickup the phone, not even the automated answering machine.

Any info/ help would be greatly appreciated. Thanksss...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

clover99 said:
Hi there, I need your help.
I am on a close work permit right now and I haven't been thinking of quiting my job. I have heard from others that even if I quit my job I still can stay in canada until my visa expire which would be in 2014. However, on my LMO, it is stated that my employer is obligated to pay my ticket back to home country.

My question is can I tell my employer that I refuse to go back home before my visa expire? Can they force me to go? Would they inform CIC and ask CIC to revoke my work visa?

I tried to call CIC on Tuesday afternoon. Noone pickup the phone, not even the automated answering machine.

Any info/ help would be greatly appreciated. Thanksss...
1. No they can force you to go home, but it is unlikely that they will pay for your ticket a year and half in advance.
2. They will probably will contact CIC and tell them, but they won't do anything probably.
3. It will be interesting to see how you will support yourself without working.

jenbm

Jul 2, 2012
hi.. i too is in this kind of situation i wanted to quit my job
but some friends told me not to quit unless u have a new workpermit
from other employer and u should
not tell ur current employer that u are leaving coz u have a contract with
him and he still got a hold of u..so to not make the situation worst we must
suck it up...till we find a new employer to be sure that we will not be force to
go back to our home country...!! in addition if u have a a new lmo even if the
workpermit is in process u can resign...