+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

quit job temp foreign worker

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello , what happens if a temporary foreign worker on an employer specific work permit quits a job ? I have enough, I can't stand it anymore, I have to quit this shit...
Nothing you stop working and can technically remain in Canada until your WP expires if you have the funds to support yourself. You can also leave at any time.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
I know they won't do anything to me if I leave Canada, I need to know if they can do anything to me fro breaking the contract if I stay.
If you quit your job, you can’t work until you have a new work permit or you need to go back to your country. I actually applied for a VWOP, that’s the work permit they can give you if you receive some type of abuse. But you need to have strong evidence about that abuse, physical evidence, not only your word, otherwise it will be rejected. In case it’s approved it will only last 1 year, no more than that, if you don’t get an employer getting you a LMIA or an invitation for PR. There’s no other way you can extend that work permit, so basically you are going to need to go back home.

By the way, you need to chill. It seems you are mad about something, all this information is online if you know how to use google.