+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Residence

nikooe

Apr 9, 2011
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to fill the application for my wife for sponsorship, and I'm facing a few problems. Keep in mind that I'm leaving outside of Canada in Armenia with my wife how's here on student visa and finishing our studies this year.
1. We've been here for the last 6 years and been together for 5, when filling the application should I put her residence as Armenia or Iran (where she's from)?
2. Should we provide police certificate only for Armenia since she's been here long or also from her mother country?
3. When selecting "The region specific forms" should I choose the one for Armenia?
4. and last "visa office requested for the process of your application" which one should I choose? for Armenia is Moscow, and for Iran is Damscus.
Thank you all in advance.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikooe said:
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to fill the application for my wife for sponsorship, and I'm facing a few problems. Keep in mind that I'm leaving outside of Canada in Armenia with my wife how's here on student visa and finishing our studies this year.
1. We've been here for the last 6 years and been together for 5, when filling the application should I put her residence as Armenia or Iran (where she's from)?
2. Should we provide police certificate only for Armenia since she's been here long or also from her mother country?
3. When selecting "The region specific forms" should I choose the one for Armenia?
4. and last "visa office requested for the process of your application" which one should I choose? for Armenia is Moscow, and for Iran is Damscus.
Thank you all in advance.
First, are you a citizen or a PR of Canada? You must be a citizen to sponsor while living abroad.

1. Put Armenia if that's where she's living now.
2. Police certificate from any country where she has lived since the age of 18 for 6 months or more. So yes for Armenia and probably yes for Iran as well.
3. Use the forms for the visa office that will be processing her application.
4. Choose whatever one you want as she's eligible for both. Look at processing times for each and make a decision.

McLim

Sep 8, 2011
Hi!
I'm also applying for permanent residency in Canada, as I am married to a Canadian and want to live here. I am applying for permanent residence from within Canada, in the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Right now I have big problems with the Background/Declaration Form and I hope for a good tip from someone in the forum. These are my questions:

- for question 8 'my work activity in the past 10 years': I have already ticked that I am not employed, not receiving social assistance and being supported by my spouse. Next step is to list my work activity in the last 10 years. I have just finished university, so studying in school and university was my main occupation for the last 10 years, and I have not worked, apart from side jobs. Do I list all the side jobs? Do I then need to include proof? These side jobs include jobs where I have been employed in market research companies, as a student assistant at university, giving extra tuition privately, waitressing, dog-sitting, and so on.

Also, as I come from Germany I need to include translations of my documents. Does anyone know if these translations have to be certified by a approved official translator, or can I also translate them myself and have them be signed and stamped by a lawyer, who speaks both languages (I happen to know one and would be able to save some money)?

I sincerely hope to find some one through the forum who can help me with the forms. As soon as I have gone through the process and may have more experience in applying for permanent residency from within Canada I am very happy to help as much as I can.
Thank you!
R

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
McLim said:
- for question 8 'my work activity in the past 10 years': I have already ticked that I am not employed, not receiving social assistance and being supported by my spouse. Next step is to list my work activity in the last 10 years. I have just finished university, so studying in school and university was my main occupation for the last 10 years, and I have not worked, apart from side jobs. Do I list all the side jobs? Do I then need to include proof? These side jobs include jobs where I have been employed in market research companies, as a student assistant at university, giving extra tuition privately, waitressing, dog-sitting, and so on.
You should list your 'occupation' as student for those times when you were at school. For the other jobs, I would list any official jobs where you paid taxes, etc. So I would think listing things like dog-walking and babysitting would not be necessary, but being an assistant at university should be listed.
Also, as I come from Germany I need to include translations of my documents. Does anyone know if these translations have to be certified by a approved official translator, or can I also translate them myself and have them be signed and stamped by a lawyer, who speaks both languages (I happen to know one and would be able to save some money)?
You should not do your own translations. Get official documents translated by a certified translator. Unofficial things, such as emails, can be done by a friend to save money. It seems CIC would prefer these to be officially translated as well, but lots of forum members have had them done by friends to save money and have not reported any problems.

McLim

Sep 8, 2011
Hello Canadianwoman!
Thank you so much for your help! Your advice has made my life easier! I'm very happy about this forum, as it seems to me that you have no chance to ask government people for detailed advice like this.
All the best to you!
McLim