+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding job offer and bridge visa

Nicoleeeeeee

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,

I have been working in the same company for 11 months and recently got another job offer from a new company. As the new company required me to start ASAP, I will not be able to hit my one year mark before leaving. I am still debating and here're the details:
  • Current company and new company are in the same industry, similar job duties.
  • Current company: permanent full time, same title(coordinator) for a year
  • New company: contract full time, promoted to be "associate manager"
Questions:
1. If I leave the current company without hitting 1 year mark and start the new position in new company continuously, will this situation affect my application to CEC program? And what title/NOC (0/A) should I use for application?
2.The offer from new company is contract-full time based on my work permit status(expiring in Mar next year). Will it affect CEC application or a bridging open work permit (BOWP) application (in case I need to)?
3. I will have 3 months probation in the new company. After I work in the new company for a month, I will have 12 months experiences and be qualified to apply for CEC. Will the company provide me with a proof of job duties or other documents needed for application even though I am still in my probation?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have been working in the same company for 11 months and recently got another job offer from a new company. As the new company required me to start ASAP, I will not be able to hit my one year mark before leaving. I am still debating and here're the details:
  • Current company and new company are in the same industry, similar job duties.
  • Current company: permanent full time, same title(coordinator) for a year
  • New company: contract full time, promoted to be "associate manager"
Questions:
1. If I leave the current company without hitting 1 year mark and start the new position in new company continuously, will this situation affect my application to CEC program? And what title/NOC (0/A) should I use for application?
2.The offer from new company is contract-full time based on my work permit status(expiring in Mar next year). Will it affect CEC application or a bridging open work permit (BOWP) application (in case I need to)?
3. I will have 3 months probation in the new company. After I work in the new company for a month, I will have 12 months experiences and be qualified to apply for CEC. Will the company provide me with a proof of job duties or other documents needed for application even though I am still in my probation?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!
I'm assuming you hold a PGWP right now. Is that correct? Assuming so:

1. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you're able to get a year of full time work experience in NOC A, B or 0. You can use your new / most recent NOC.
2. I don't see why that would be an issue. As long as you are an employee and not self-employed, you'll be fine. Self-employed work experience cannot be counted towards CEC.
3. You can count the time on probation towards the 12 months.

Reactions: Nicoleeeeeee

Nicoleeeeeee

Jan 4, 2021
I'm assuming you hold a PGWP right now. Is that correct? Assuming so:

1. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you're able to get a year of full time work experience in NOC A, B or 0. You can use your new / most recent NOC.
2. I don't see why that would be an issue. As long as you are an employee and not self-employed, you'll be fine. Self-employed work experience cannot be counted towards CEC.
3. You can count the time on probation towards the 12 months.
Thanks so much for your quick response!

Yes, I am holding a PGWP now.

For the 3rd question, what if I am still in probation in the new company while I am applying for the CEC program, can I use 11 months(current company)+1 month probation(full time contract position in new company) as my 12 month continuous job?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much for your quick response!

Yes, I am holding a PGWP now.

For the 3rd question, what if I am still in probation in the new company while I am applying for the CEC program, can I use 11 months(current company)+1 month probation(full time contract position in new company) as my 12 month continuous job?

Thank you!
Yes.