+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding immigration visa and landing in Canada

KK

Feb 22, 2009
Hi Expert,

I have few question regarding immigration visas and landing in canada. I applied for PR one year ago. I did my medical in June 2008 and My wife did medical in Feb. 2009. Will Immigration office issuing immigration visas expiry date different or common to both of us? I know immigration visas expiry date is valid for one year from medical examination or expiry date of passport.

Is it necessary to land in Canada for both of us at same time or my wife can be land in canada later (after landing me)?

Thanks,
KK

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KK said:
Hi Expert,

I have few question regarding immigration visas and landing in canada. I applied for PR one year ago. I did my medical in June 2008 and My wife did medical in Feb. 2009. Will Immigration office issuing immigration visas expiry date different or common to both of us? I know immigration visas expiry date is valid for one year from medical examination or expiry date of passport.

Is it necessary to land in Canada for both of us at same time or my wife can be land in canada later (after landing me)?

Thanks,
KK
both visa's will be valid to one year after the date of your medical. It is quite possible that you will have to have another medical if you are not in Canada/US or England, otherwise you will only have a month or 2 to "land" Your wife can "land' after you, but it must be in the validity of her visa.

PMM

KK

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for the reply.
If I won't get the PR before June 2008, I need to give medical test once again. In that case again my PR will be delayed by 6-9 months. If I send request to immigration office to clear my PR file before june 2009. Will they accept my request? or what I have do in that case?
KK

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KK said:
Thanks for the reply.
If I won't get the PR before June 2008, I need to give medical test once again. In that case again my PR will be delayed by 6-9 months. If I send request to immigration office to clear my PR file before june 2009. Will they accept my request? or what I have do in that case?
KK
A new medical will only delay the application by about a month. They don't clear applications at the request of the applicant, everything is done in it's own time.

PMM