+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on proof of finance for Student Visa

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have gotten my letter of offer from University of Ottawa for 2 years MSc program and should be apply for visa at the london office soon.

At the moment:

1.) I have paid in 1 year tuition fees and health insurance for my wife and I and proof of payment from the school.

2.) I have deposited in my account today, equivalent of CDN$19,000 to cover cost of living transportation and living.

3.) I have letter of sponsorship from my dad and 6 months bank statement.

My question is this should I also inlclude my bank statement as proof of finance?

vijayreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2011
ya ofcourse dat vould be more strong if u have the bank statement but keep a genuine one thats important

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response.

I was wondering if my own bank account would pose a problem since I had major activity (the deposit today) in the last month.

Srini2010

Aug 24, 2010
I guess that should not be a problem. To be on the safer side, you can include any document proofs of the source of that amount that you recently deposited into your account.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Hi David....

I was in the same dilema as u are...But I did not see any reason to include mine since as I was being sponsored by a company who included their own letter, bank statements etc...Be careful what u include so as not spurr what can be avoided. The bank I work with here in d UK anyway gave me a suppoting letter n ref...

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ dadakoko
hey man i am willing to apply at uni of ottawa. in which discpline did you take admission and what is the gpa/% of your degree in graduation?? kindly tell me.

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniabrowne1 said:
Hi David....

I was in the same dilema as u are...But I did not see any reason to include mine since as I was being sponsored by a company who included their own letter, bank statements etc...Be careful what u include so as not spurr what can be avoided. The bank I work with here in d UK anyway gave me a suppoting letter n ref...
Thanks soniabrowne1 for the advise.

Well my sponsor gave me the needed monies to pay for fees and also for the monies needed to show to the Visa officer, hence my payment of the fees and depositing of the money in my account last week.

I would be applying with his bank statement as well as my account showing the needed CDN$14000 for my spouse and I. I hope that doesn't pose a problem.

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saqib053 said:
@ dadakoko
hey man i am willing to apply at uni of ottawa. in which discpline did you take admission and what is the gpa/% of your degree in graduation?? kindly tell me.
Hi Saqib053,

I got admitted to the Masters in EBusiness program, my GPA was 2.8 on a 5.0 scale, a Second Class Lower. I however has over 5 years work experience.

Thanks
Dadakoko