+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on POF and other certificates

weilyjane

Oct 12, 2020
Hi forum,

I'm preparing the documents for FSW application, and I need some helps for questions below:

1. about proof of funds
Although I have adequate incomes to meet the CIC requirements, I don’t put money in bank deposit generally. Now I have a deposit left in my bank account, the beginning date is around two months ago, and I’m planning to get a certificate of deposit with a fixed term of half a year.
Would this proof work for my application? How could I do to increase my credibility?

2. about police clearance certificate
I lived in Sweden for almost half a year; it is July to January of next year. When counting the days it is apparently less than half a year, but I’m worried there might be a ambiguity if counting the months.
Do I need a police clearance certificate from Sweden?

3. about single status
Do I need some document to prove I’m single? There is no official certificate of single status as I know, unless I go to a notary.

I'd appreciate for any advice!

weilyjane

Oct 12, 2020
Could somebody help me on these questions? I have got the ITA and it's very urgent for me to prepare related documents. Thanks a lot!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
1. Usually IRCC would like to see consistent balance for past 6 months, you may be good for now as long as you maintain required funds. But sometimes IRCC may request additional documents or proofs.
2. If you lived there for 6 months, you definitely need to provide PCC. Make sure you calculate your stay accurately.
3. You dont have to prove you are single lol.

weilyjane

Oct 12, 2020
1. Usually IRCC would like to see consistent balance for past 6 months, you may be good for now as long as you maintain required funds. But sometimes IRCC may request additional documents or proofs.
2. If you lived there for 6 months, you definitely need to provide PCC. Make sure you calculate your stay accurately.
3. You dont have to prove you are single lol.
Thank you for the detailed reply!
For the POF, I guess I'd better write an explanation letter attached to the certificate of deposit.
The accurate days I stayed there is 161 days, so I think it should be no need for me to get a PCC? (The tricky thing is that it looks like six months, covering July to the Jan.)

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thank you for the detailed reply!
For the POF, I guess I'd better write an explanation letter attached to the certificate of deposit.
The accurate days I stayed there is 161 days, so I think it should be no need for me to get a PCC? (The tricky thing is that it looks like six months, covering July to the Jan.)
Yup, you got it. Less than 6 months no need of PCC.