+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions in application from Beijing next month

crystalclear752002

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hi, everyone, I am new here, and would like to submit application next month from Beijing, now I have questions hope you could please help me with, thanks.

1. My husband is a Canadian citizen, I am Chinese, we have a one-year-old son. We three go to Shanghai embassy to apply for citizenship certificate for the baby in Sep. this year. So in my application, should I include my son as my dependant or just I myself alone apply for PR?

2. My husband is working in China now. We bought an apartment in Canada and we have the purchase contract now. In order to make the Immigration Beaurea believe he will go back to Canada, does he need a work plan in Canada as well? If so, how should the work plan be written?

thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
crystalclear752002 said:
1. My husband is a Canadian citizen, I am Chinese, we have a one-year-old son. We three go to Shanghai embassy to apply for citizenship certificate for the baby in Sep. this year. So in my application, should I include my son as my dependant or just I myself alone apply for PR?
No, if your son is already Canadian then he is NOT a dependent. He will just be listed in the Additional Family members form, along with other non-dependents like your brothers and sisters.

2. My husband is working in China now. We bought an apartment in Canada and we have the purchase contract now. In order to make the Immigration Beaurea believe he will go back to Canada, does he need a work plan in Canada as well? If so, how should the work plan be written?
The purchase agreement should be suitable proof to prove intent to move back. However he can also include a simple plan or timeline of how all of you will move back to Canada, find a job, etc. There is no specific format to put anything in.

crystalclear752002

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Rob-to, I forgot to mention that we just submit tthe application for my son's citizenship certificate, but we have not got it yet. While I am applying for PR now, should I still include him as my dependant?