Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Hi everyone,

I received my PR visa in October. My husband (my sponsor) and I are planning to land at the end of March before my visa expires (It expires on April 6th). We will be landing at the airport in Toronto and fly to Calgary to visit my husband's family. However, we won't be able to settle down in Canada yet due to a few commitments we have made in Turkey. Also, we have a 6 month-old son and I would like to wait until he is at least a year-old before I plan a big move. We are planning to move to Canada permanently in a year. Therefore, our visit in March will be short (about 10 days).

I am wondering if I will need to do anything other than the landing process at the airport. Is there any other interview after landing at the airport or is there any process that requires me to be present in Canada beyond those 10 days?

I would greatly appreciate your help regarding my questions.

Best,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will comment as well but you will of course complete immigration formalities at Toronto so assume you are allowing time for any connecting flight to Calgary.

You will need a Canadian address for your PR cards to be mailed to and if you have time between flights you could apply for your SIN but thats not critical for a short landing and can be done later. Also you might want to think about any goods to follow declaration for customs assuming that when you eventually return to settle you will be bringing your possessions.

Nothing that requires you to be in Canada beyond the short landing, just ensure that you have a Canadian address for the PR cards that you will need to have mailed or sent by courier to you in Turkey as you will need to be in possession of PR cards in order to fly back to Canada once you are PRs.

spokin

Aug 10, 2016
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2015
AOR Received.
Aug-2015
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
Aug-2015
Med's Request
Jul-2016
Med's Done....
Jul-2016
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-2017
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
can_tur said:
Hi everyone,

I received my PR visa in October. My husband (my sponsor) and I are planning to land at the end of March before my visa expires (It expires on April 6th). We will be landing at the airport in Toronto and fly to Calgary to visit my husband's family. However, we won't be able to settle down in Canada yet due to a few commitments we have made in Turkey. Also, we have a 6 month-old son and I would like to wait until he is at least a year-old before I plan a big move. We are planning to move to Canada permanently in a year. Therefore, our visit in March will be short (about 10 days).

I am wondering if I will need to do anything other than the landing process at the airport. Is there any other interview after landing at the airport or is there any process that requires me to be present in Canada beyond those 10 days?

I would greatly appreciate your help regarding my questions.

Best,
They shall ask you for your destination address, have it ready, The Border officer if he realizes that you're not actually shifting right away has discretionary powers to allow you in Canada as a visitor and not as an immigrant, for all practical purposes let them think you are shifting right away and have an address to give them. The immigrant visa is a one time use only if you're travelling by AIR, TRAIN, BUS, TAXI while entering Canada, you require your PR card the next time you enter, PR card takes at least 2 months to issue so how are you planning to come back after 6 months, either you shall have to re-apply for a travel permit again or enter through the US land route and walk across from the Rainbow bridge at Niagara etc. The other stuff is your list that you're supposed to carry for duty free imports it's IMM form available on cic website.

can_tur

Mar 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...