+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about in-Canada spouse sponsorship

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi, I have several questions about filling the forms:

IMM 0008
1. Application details question 3 – how many family members are in this application?
I sponsor my spouse, our family consists of 2 people, no children, What should we put here? 1 (only my spouse) or 2 (my spouse and myself(sponsor))
2. Current country of residence. For my spouse it is Canada, there is no specific date by which she is going to leave, she actually wants to stay, obviously. What should we put as “To” date?
3. Does my spouse have to list me (the sponsor) as a dependant?

Schedule A, IMM 5669
4. Should we indicate here names of her parents in Latin alphabet or also in native one?

IMM 5532
5. A-3 Other financially dependent people – Should I indicate here my current spouse (principal applicant)?
6. C-3 Give the periods you have been living together after your relationships started. Before we started living together, we met a few times for vacations. Should we mention these periods here?
7. C-7 Date they met sponsor or principal applicant. Not clear. For example, I list my mother. To whom this question relates? TO me or to my wife? Date she met me is the date of my birth. Or this is a question when my mother first met my wife?

IMM 1344
8. Question 9, previous marriage, “To” date. Should this be the date of divorce or separation?

IMM 5710 OWP
9. Current country of residence, “To” date – same question as question 2 above. What should be that date?
10. Details of intended work in Canada, question 5 – what should be the dates from – to ?

Thank you for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have several questions about filling the forms:

IMM 0008
1. Application details question 3 – how many family members are in this application?
I sponsor my spouse, our family consists of 2 people, no children, What should we put here? 1 (only my spouse) or 2 (my spouse and myself(sponsor))
2. Current country of residence. For my spouse it is Canada, there is no specific date by which she is going to leave, she actually wants to stay, obviously. What should we put as “To” date?
3. Does my spouse have to list me (the sponsor) as a dependant?

Schedule A, IMM 5669
4. Should we indicate here names of her parents in Latin alphabet or also in native one?

IMM 5532
5. A-3 Other financially dependent people – Should I indicate here my current spouse (principal applicant)?
6. C-3 Give the periods you have been living together after your relationships started. Before we started living together, we met a few times for vacations. Should we mention these periods here?
7. C-7 Date they met sponsor or principal applicant. Not clear. For example, I list my mother. To whom this question relates? TO me or to my wife? Date she met me is the date of my birth. Or this is a question when my mother first met my wife?

IMM 1344
8. Question 9, previous marriage, “To” date. Should this be the date of divorce or separation?

IMM 5710 OWP
9. Current country of residence, “To” date – same question as question 2 above. What should be that date?
10. Details of intended work in Canada, question 5 – what should be the dates from – to ?

Thank you for your help!
IMM008

1. One.

2. The date her current status expires.

3. No.

IMM5669

4. The form specifies what to put.

IMM5532

5. No. She is already included as the PA.

6. No.

7. If the person knew you first, put the date they met your spouse. If the person knew your spouse first, you put the date that they met you.

IMM1344

8. Divorce.

IMM5710

9. As above.

10. Doesn't matter.

Reactions: Together

MimiLeo

Feb 3, 2018
Hi im just new to this forum i would just like to ask if how many days or months you recieve an email from IRCC, i submitted my application last feb 5 via canada post and as per tracking number it was receive on feb 8 2018 but until now i havent recieve any emails from IRCC. Im an applicant from montreal quebec anyway. Thank you for the response