+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about IMM 5532 and checklist5589

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am applying PR under family sponsorship.
I have questions about form IMM5532, IMM 5589 and the barcode pages..my questions are pretty obvious to most of you guys I believe, but I am confused about it..

In IMM5532, question 7. "Do you have close friends, family and children know about your relationship". I said "yes" and I provided a list of mutual friends of me and my sponsor. there is one question in the list asking "Date they met sponsor or principal applicant". So I suppose this is asking about the date when I met my sponsor's friend, or My sponsor met my friend.. this seems to be a very obvious question.. but I still want to make sure~

In the checklist IMM5589, Do I have to check the box of such questions like "accompanying children's additional information" even if the is a following "yes" or "no" option..if I check 'no' means this is not applicable to me, but what if I just leave the box unchecked?

Do I put all barcode pages (IMM1344 and IMM0008) on the very top of the entire application package (or just behind the checklist IMM 5589)

Thanks everyone!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
wolforever said:
In IMM5532, question 7. "Do you have close friends, family and children know about your relationship". I said "yes" and I provided a list of mutual friends of me and my sponsor. there is one question in the list asking "Date they met sponsor or principal applicant". So I suppose this is asking about the date when I met my sponsor's friend, or My sponsor met my friend.. this seems to be a very obvious question.. but I still want to make sure~
Your understanding is correct. When did you (the sponsor) meet your PA's friends and family - and when did your PA meet your (the sponsors) friends and family.

wolforever said:
In the checklist IMM5589, Do I have to check the box of such questions like "accompanying children's additional information" even if the is a following "yes" or "no" option..if I check 'no' means this is not applicable to me, but what if I just leave the box unchecked?
If the following questions are not applicable, then say that next to the check boxes.

wolforever said:
Do I put all barcode pages (IMM1344 and IMM0008) on the very top of the entire application package (or just behind the checklist IMM 5589)
It does say in the complete online guide (IMM5289) on the CIC website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Although I agree is it both 'buried' and ambiguous! In on point on the guide it says put the checklist on top, then in another place on the guide (further down I think) it say put the barcodes on top (yes, really)! So I suggest put one or the other on top, with the other behind it - either way, you won't have it rejected. I put the barcodes on top, followed by the checklist as I believe that the first thing they do is to scan and index the application and use the barcode page for automated indexing (which is why they would want it on top - that is what happen in many offices I work at).

But either way there is no harm.

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hurlabrick said:
Your understanding is correct. When did you (the sponsor) meet your PA's friends and family - and when did your PA meet your (the sponsors) friends and family.

If the following questions are not applicable, then say that next to the check boxes.

Although I agree is it both 'buried' and ambiguous! In on point on the guide it says put the checklist on top, then in another place on the guide (further down I think) it say put the barcodes on top (yes, really)! So I suggest put one or the other on top, with the other behind it - either way, you won't have it rejected. I put the barcodes on top, followed by the checklist as I believe that the first thing they do is to scan and index the application and use the barcode page for automated indexing (which is why they would want it on top - that is what happen in many offices I work at).

Thank you my friend for your reply! ;DNow I am having a few more documents to pack and ready to send it to the Immigration office. I hope everything be fine. :)

Dec 30, 2012
hi
i want some info on employment evaluation . i am truck driver self employed . i open a company last year . i need info how can i show my income to cra .

jas2201

Jul 9, 2017

It does say in the complete online guide (IMM5289) on the CIC website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

hi
i still have the same question

DO UR CLOSE FRIENDS FAMILY KNOW UR RELATIONSHIP?

FAMILY NAME GIVEN NAME ARE THEY RELATED REALTIONSHIP TO SPONSOR DATE THEY MET SPONSOR
SPONSOR OR PA OR PRINCIPAL APPLICANT OR PA

SO I DIDN'T GET THIS WHAT TO PUT PLEASE HELP ME

leiannev

Dec 12, 2023

Do they mean meet them in person? or meet them through video call?