+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about biometrics and medical exam for non-accompanied dependent

Dec 9, 2023
Hello everyone! My common-law partner (PA) and I (the sponsor) have submitted in-land sponsorship application (in Quebec) last December. I have got useful advice during my PR application and the following open work permit application. Recently, my common-law partner and I both received the eligibility letter, a step moving forward (6 months from receiving AOR).

Now I have questions about non-accompanied dependent. Are biometrics and medical exam required for non-accompanied dependent, which, in my case, is my common-law partner's son.

The other related question is, if required, how does IRCC inform the non-accompanied dependent about this request? Will IRCC send an email to the principle applicant or to non-accompanied dependent? My common-law partner (PA) has received the letters from IRCC for biometrics and medical exam. In these letters, only PA's name is listed, but not the non-accompanied dependent.

People in this forum are always knowledgeable and helpful. I greatly appreciate your inputs. Have a great day!