+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hello,

I have a question to clarify:

In Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria, what is section C "Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)"?
Let's say I have good IELTS score, 7.5, and good foreign experience, (7+ in NOC category), then am I eligible for this?
Another confusing thing is, as they have already assigned me the scores for Education and Work Experience separately then why again in this section they are giving points for Education and Work Experience again?

Looking forward for some good explanation. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That section rewards various combinations of Education, language proficiency and work experience (both Canadian and foreign). That is the most critical section under EE (other than LMIA supported job or PN) because it adds up to 15% points on a scale of 600 and given that the cutoff hasn't fallen below 450, those points become extremely important.

These points depend largely on your IELTS scores. Getting a CLB 9/10 gives a turbo boost to your CRS score provided you have at least 1 diploma/degree in additional to Bachelors, 3+ years of foreign work experience or 2+ years of Canadian work experience.

Check the CIC calculator details here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
That section rewards various combinations of Education, language proficiency and work experience (both Canadian and foreign). That is the most critical section under EE (other than LMIA supported job or PN) because it adds up to 15% points on a scale of 600 and given that the cutoff hasn't fallen below 450, those points become extremely important.

These points depend largely on your IELTS scores. Getting a CLB 9/10 gives a turbo boost to your CRS score provided you have at least 1 diploma/degree in additional to Bachelors, 3+ years of foreign work experience or 2+ years of Canadian work experience.

Check the CIC calculator details here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Thank you Asivad. OK so let me explain you where I am standing:

- Education: Masters (ECA evaluated)
- Foreign Work Experience: 7+ NOC categorized

- IELTS: Overall 7.5 (Listening:8.5, Reading:7, Writing:7, Speaking:7.5)
So CLB Level is, (Listening:CLB 10, CLB 9, Writing:CLB 9, Speaking:CLB 10)

Right now I have 0 points from "Skill Transferability factors" and I think I wrongly filled my profile. I should get some point from "Skill Transferability factors". What do you say on this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usman_14pk said:

Right now I have 0 points from "Skill Transferability factors" and I think I wrongly filled my profile. I should get some point from "Skill Transferability factors". What do you say on this?
Based on what you write here, you should get 100 points under Skills Transerability.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
usman_14pk said:

I have similar IELTS grades with a Masters degree plus just 1.5 years of foreign work experience but still i got 75 points in this section