+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question related to after ITA; leaving Canada

manana

Dec 2, 2015
Hi All,

I got an ITA recently and I am collecting all the required documents as needed. My ITA is under CEC with 50 points for Intra Company transfer. Now it is possible that my employer will send me to the another country for different project (Probably US) by Apr/May 2017.

If I collect all the documents and submit it by end of FEB 2017, will there be any impact to my application if I need to leave the country by Apr/May 2017.

If yes do I need to be in Canada for same employer until my Canada PR is in my hand?
If no CIC will be able to communicate to me at my foreign address and there will be no impact to my application?

Please respond and let me know if you need any further info for above scenario.

Thanks!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

I'm just curious to know how you'll manage to get such job offer (one of the requirements to claim those 50 points) from your current employer.

manana

Dec 2, 2015
I work for MNC, as of now located in Canada and right now for forsee future i am in Canada. But it is possible to get transfered to different location also possible out of Canada and hence asking question. Nothing is certain but asking to understand so that can take a right decision at that time.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So even assuming you're able to actually obtain a valid job offer, what do you think will happen when they (and if) they call your employer only to find out you're working in the States.

For any other applications for which an applicant does not claim to have a valid job offer transferring to another location would not affect their application. You have to be careful in what you're doing (or might do) as I'm assuming you needed those points to obtain an ITA in the first place.

manana

Dec 2, 2015
Ok, so i think best is to stay in Canada.

Just to make a point clear yes it valid job offer, but situation can change and as far i make cic aware of it it should be fine.

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
So even assuming you're able to actually obtain a valid job offer, what do you think will happen when they (and if) they call your employer only to find out you're working in the States.

For any other applications for which an applicant does not claim to have a valid job offer transferring to another location would not affect their application. You have to be careful in what you're doing (or might do) as I'm assuming you needed those points to obtain an ITA in the first place.
Agreed.

Technically, you get those 50 points for having worked with that employer for at least a year AND explicit confirmation from the employer that you will work with them for at least a year after getting your COPR. IRCC will probably not appreciate it if they find midway through your application processing that you aren't even inside Canada anymore regardless of the causes.