Question regarding PCC

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to apply for PCC and after reading about PCC delayed for months in this forum, I have decided to apply PCC from India (paise khila ke 1 week me aa jati ;) )

I live in Hyderabad - Andhra Pradesh and I want to know if I can apply PCC without being present in Hyd or do I need to be present in person when applying for PCC?

If the answer to above question is - I have to be present and if I STILL manage to get it WITHOUT being present in Hyd. Will this be a problem while applying for CEC? I mean does the Consulate know that a person needs to be present in person in Andhra Pradesh to apply for PCC and I wasn't ?

Thanks in advance.
Shezy. 8)

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not all PCC applications are delayed.... It depends.

I received my first PCC in December2012 in just 4 weeks, and second time in April 2013 within 1 week.

My 2 friends applied for PCC in June and they Recevied within 3 weeks.

So, when are you planning to apply CEC and/or are you planning to travel somewhere?

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no I am not planning to travel however I don't want to wait if my PCC is delayed.. Can I apply it from India?

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
shezy said:
I need to apply for PCC and after reading about PCC delayed for months in this forum, I have decided to apply PCC from India (paise khila ke 1 week me aa jati ;) )

I live in Hyderabad - Andhra Pradesh and I want to know if I can apply PCC without being present in Hyd or do I need to be present in person when applying for PCC?

If the answer to above question is - I have to be present and if I STILL manage to get it WITHOUT being present in Hyd. Will this be a problem while applying for CEC? I mean does the Consulate know that a person needs to be present in person in Andhra Pradesh to apply for PCC and I wasn't ?

Thanks in advance.
Shezy. 8)

As far as I know, you can apply for PCC after you submit your application.. PCC is not mandatory with the application form..you can submit it later when you get it..

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shezy said:

Thanks in advance.
Shezy. 8)
Hi Shezy

if you read the CIC website............

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

you will see that they have divided the "how to obtain a PCC" into 2 sections - local requests and non-resident requests. So, if you live in Canada, you are a non-resident, hence, I would recommend you to go through the consulate general of India/ BLS in Canada.

Now, there is no harm in getting it from the police station in India even when you are residing in Canada but, do you really want to give them a point to doubt your application - that if you got your PCC from India by bribing someone then what else in your package is not true.

I mean, how does someone who doesnt know you discriminate as to what you got honestly and what you got from bribing someone?

I would suggest not to do something like this which can easily be identified as not a honest way of doing thing - I dont want to use the word fraud because technically it is not. but its a very fine line.

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply...

How would they know if I got my PCC from Indian or thru BLS?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have a stamp on your passport mentioning who gave you the PCC... Mine has Consulate general of India, Vancouver

Shezy, if you have already gained 1 year of Canadian experience and if you are just waiting for the PCC, then you don't have to wait until you receive the PCC to apply for PR.

I would suggest you to go ahead and apply for PR, and then mention in the Cover Letter that "I am in process of applying PCC/ and will update once I receive the letter from Indian Embassy"

Once you receive the AOR after you apply PR, update the PCC.. This way you can save the time.

This wait for PCC is nothing when you compare it with the PR......"This would be like a practice match before the Test Series" ;) ;) ;)

Good Luck

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shezy said:
Thanks for the reply...

How would they know if I got my PCC from Indian or thru BLS?
1) The certificate that you will get will say where its from...................mine said CGI, Toronto

2) They also stamp the passport. it says something like...PCC issued by CGI Toronto, or something like that.

3) From the date the certificate was issued (which will be on the certificate) they will know whether you were in Canada or not during that period.

My point is (and, I think honeysingh is also trying to tell you the same thing) that why do you want to do something so stupid ( I do not mean it as an insult)? It may or may not take as much time as others for you to get your PCC but, by doing something that is bordering on fraud, you could be identified and banned. Why would you even want to risk it?

And, its not that your application will be held back because of this. Others have advised you that you can apply without your PCC and send it in later. You have that option, then, why do you want to resort to such ways?

Remember that if they have any doubts about your application, they could either reject it outright or, worse, take longer than normal and then reject it. Either way, you will be at the losing end. We can only advise you of options, the choice is yours and yours alone.

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guy - I am still confused and don't know what I am gonna do. :-\

I complete my 1 year work experience in Nov and planning to apply for PR by end of Nov

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shezy said:
Thanks guy - I am still confused and don't know what I am gonna do. :-\

I complete my 1 year work experience in Nov and planning to apply for PR by end of Nov
What's the issue? Apply for PR at the end of Nov and submit a cover letter saying you will send the PCC as soon as you receive it?

It's not like you are unique and on your own, lots of people are in the same boat. Apply for the PCC in Sep/Oct and that way even if it takes 3-6 months you will have it in plenty of time to submit to CIC.

I don't really understand why this is such an issue... Nor do I understand why you would consider obtaining one fraudulently - it's insane and stupid.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
jsm0085 said:
What's the issue? Apply for PR at the end of Nov and submit a cover letter saying you will send the PCC as soon as you receive it?

It's not like you are unique and on your own, lots of people are in the same boat. Apply for the PCC in Sep/Oct and that way even if it takes 3-6 months you will have it in plenty of time to submit to CIC.

I don't really understand why this is such an issue... Nor do I understand why you would consider obtaining one fraudulently - it's insane and stupid.
I totally agree with this.

Hi Shezy, Just to add, my PCC took about 4 months, but my wife's PCC arrived with in 1.5 months. So it depends on individual applicants, not all PCCs are delayed. I have already submitted the PR application, now waiting for the AOR. Once I receive the AOR I am planning to submit the PCC. My suggestion is to do the right way!