+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Final review

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
I have been reading on this channel that after Medicals Receipt and all by the CIC, they review your application one more time before finalizing your case. Have there been incidents before where they asked for more documents at that point or deny the case after that.Also, once the case has been approved, how much time do they give you to submit the passports for stamping?
I will appreciate anybody sharing their experience regarding the same.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Unless you give them a reason to reconsider your application, I can't think why they would suddenly want more documents. They have hundreds of thousands of applications to review every year. I think they probably only want to review each one once ..

From my PR passport request, it seems they requested receipt of our passports within 60 days of the date of the letter.

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
I have the same question; I received a letter stating that the details for my medicals will arrive within 3 moths.

Once I have those done, and I send the police reports…

It’s just a waiting game right?

Is there any reason they would deny me after I’ve gotten so far?

Can someone share their experience and maybe their timeframe from this point on?

soj

Feb 23, 2007
imjoe,cic will still need to do background and security checks.if u fail any of these checks,your application will be refused.

ladybug,once the prr is issued,u will be given 60 days to appear at the high commission.like i told imjoe if u fail background or security checks,your application will be refused.

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Thanx soj.

I'm very hopeful on my application. Especially since I got the letter stating that my interview had been waived and that they will ask for the medicals and police reports.

I don't have any kind of criminal record etc. And I'm in good health.

Now to wait… wait……. Wait………. I guess the timeframe varies from person to person.

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Thanx to all those who replied. I applied thru Buffalo and provided the Police clearance certificate for me and my spouse along with my application last year in August. Are there chances that they will ask for these documents again after my medicals are done or they will just send me COPR once they receive the medicals?

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
I have done my interview successfully on 6th december 2007 (Thursday)
They asked me to submit police report and medical report (papers for medical will be sent in one week time)

Where I am working at present, Canadian High Commission does not have any paper from this company in their record. At the time when I submitted the updates I was working in another company which I left within two months and joined the present employer.Canadian High Commission asked me to bring the new application form and background check form for me and my spouse, but they did not asked me for that during the interview. Now I am worried if they verify they will found that I am not working in the last company (as per their record) from march 2007. What I should do in this case, shall I send them the updated employment record or I should keep silent.

Thanks

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Gurdeep, same applies to my case. I worked for this company in 1998-2000 and I provided CHC with the reference letter and the pay stubs from this company. Now I am working for a different company and in different field in IT. I did send them a letter saying that my status changed from F1 to H1B in the U.S., but they did not ask me for any documentation with this new job and company. I think once you meet their criteria to qualify for the employment points, they dont worry about any changes after that. Its up to you if you want to tell them about your new job if not, then you can always provide them with the documents they request in future.

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hi Ladybug,

Actually I am worried if I send them any update my case should not delay further for verifications. Even they did not demand me to handover the documents which they asked me to bring alonwith me at interview ie. Application Form - Background check form for me and my wife and current employment certificates. They just saw my original credential.

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Gurdeep,
In terms of job verification, at least in my case, they did not actually call my employer to verify the employment. I sent them the letter of reference with my application and after a year or so they requested the pay stubs. So I guess they mostly rely on the documentation. If you want to send them your complete set of documentation related to your current job, I dont think that will delay your process further.