+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question reg. Visa Office to be selected

Jun 28, 2014
Hi all,

Need help for one question on the Generic Application Form. I am from India but currently in Sydney, Australia since Apr 2014. I will be here till Apr 2015 as per my work permit. This means that I have been admitted to Aus for 1 year (I have not completed 1 year). Considering this situation, should I give Sydney VAC as the office for processing the application? What if I am not here when the application has been selected for processing? How Does it matter?

Page 1 : Point#4: Immigration office requested for processing this application
What should be the answer for this question?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

swProfessional said:
Hi all,

Need help for one question on the Generic Application Form. I am from India but currently in Sydney, Australia since Apr 2014. I will be here till Apr 2015 as per my work permit. This means that I have been admitted to Aus for 1 year (I have not completed 1 year). Considering this situation, should I give Sydney VAC as the office for processing the application? What if I am not here when the application has been selected for processing? How Does it matter?

If you are positive that you won't be in Australia after April/15 select New Delhi. If you are going to be in Australia longer than that, as you were ADMITTED for 1 year or more you can choose Sydney.

Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for your response.
I will be mostly in Sydney after Apr 2015. But you never know. Company can decide to send me back by April 2015. In this case, what would happen if I have given Sydney as the VO for my application. Can I change it later? Please advise.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

swProfessional said:
Thanks for your response.
I will be mostly in Sydney after Apr 2015. But you never know. Company can decide to send me back by April 2015. In this case, what would happen if I have given Sydney as the VO for my application. Can I change it later? Please advise.

Thanks!
No, not usually.

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
swProfessional said:
Hi all,

you cant give Sydney until you completed one year there. you will have to mention New Delhi.

"If the Visa Office you have specified for processing your application is not the visa office responsible for your country of nationality, provide proof that you have been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year to a country for which the specified visa office is responsible."

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aifarooqi said:
you cant give Sydney until you completed one year there. you will have to mention New Delhi.

"If the Visa Office you have specified for processing your application is not the visa office responsible for your country of nationality, provide proof that you have been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year to a country for which the specified visa office is responsible."
Please check cic,gc.ca before you give out the wrong information. The OP doesn't to have lived in Australia for a year to use Sydney, He only has to be ADMITTED for 1 year.

Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the response.
My understanding is also the same that I have to be ADMITTED to the country (not lived) for 1 year. I am trying to visit the VFS Canada in Sydney, Aus to get this confirmed.

In general, what is the role of this Visa office.
- Do they verify the documentation before we submit?
- During processing if there is any communication will it be via VO to the applicant?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

swProfessional said:
Thanks for the response.
My understanding is also the same that I have to be ADMITTED to the country (not lived) for 1 year. I am trying to visit the VFS Canada in Sydney, Aus to get this confirmed.

In general, what is the role of this Visa office.
- Do they verify the documentation before we submit?
- During processing if there is any communication will it be via VO to the applicant?
1. You don't have to ask VFS, here is the regulation

Place of application for permanent resident visa

11. (1) An application for a permanent resident visa — other than an application for a permanent resident visa made under Part 8 — must be made to the immigration office that serves

(a) the country where the applicant is residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for a period of at least one year; or

(b) the applicant's country of nationality or, if the applicant is stateless, their country of habitual residence other than a country in which they are residing without having been lawfully admitted.

2. No, it is your job to verify that the application is complete. You send the complete application to Sydney NOVA SCOTIA, and if your application is complete, they will forward it to Sydney Australia VO.
3. They will notify you when they have received the application and to have medical, submit PCCs, and to submit passports.