waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Hello,

Can we still apply for PR from old Provincial Nomination Program? or we will have to apply in express entry once person have nomination or LMIA?

I am on PGWP.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Hey,

You have to apply through PNP via express entry not the old way. I did my PNP in December 2014 and they emailed me early Jan asking if I wanted to go via Express entry so I did, it took them 12 days to approve my PNP rather than 13 months to process the old way. It's a lot easier the only difference is you need a English test the new way whereas you didn't the old way. In saying that I got approved through BC PNP.

jackastor

Feb 17, 2015
Yes, you can still apply for PNP under old system. But it has longer wait time as opposed to express entry PNP.
Note that if you have PNP from older process, there is a different process to apply for PR, you won't be appliyng via express entry.

This older PNP is for provines like Ontario, who hasn't launched their express entry PNP till date, and not even sure when they will launch it.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Bc pnp first we have to create EE PROFILE? Can we create it without ielts and eca?
What is the processing of bc pnp express entry or it depends on NOc?

leights

Feb 20, 2015
jackastor said:
Yes, you can still apply for PNP under old system. But it has longer wait time as opposed to express entry PNP.
Note that if you have PNP from older process, there is a different process to apply for PR, you won't be appliyng via express entry.

This older PNP is for provines like Ontario, who hasn't launched their express entry PNP till date, and not even sure when they will launch it.
Hey You can only apply the old way if you had your application in before January the 1st - Well this is def the case for BC PNP. Not sure about the other provinces. Anything submitted after needs to be done the current way. If you submitted your application before Jan 1st then you can continue to carry on the old way however your application gets pushed to the back of the line to make way for express entry. I submitted mine last year and got notice from BC PNP that I could do both ways because my application was in before this date. I also didn't have to pay another $550.00

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
For Bc pnp first we have to create EE PROFILE? Can we create it without ielts and eca?
What is the processing of bc pnp express entry or it depends on NOc?
Hi you can't create your profile without an ELTS or CELPIP. Put it this way I sent my application in December 2014 for BC PNP, I got a email mid January saying I can apply via Express entry if I wanted to make the process faster ( I think they were trying to get rid of the backlog of old applications done the new way and the quota allocated to Express entry). I decided to fill the 2 forms out to change my application to express entry, I walked it over to the office on February 06th, and my BC PNP got approved on 17th February with a congratulations email and the additional 600 points to my online profile after I accepted online. All in all get it in soon because the new way requires the English test and it's all booked out for the next few months.! If I had carried on the old way it could have taken up to 13 months rather than 12 days to be approved.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
leights said:
Hi you can't create your profile without an ELTS or CELPIP. Put it this way I sent my application in December 2014 for BC PNP, I got a email mid January saying I can apply via Express entry if I wanted to make the process faster ( I think they were trying to get rid of the backlog of old applications done the new way and the quota allocated to Express entry). I decided to fill the 2 forms out to change my application to express entry, I walked it over to the office on February 06th, and my BC PNP got approved on 17th February with a congratulations email and the additional 600 points to my online profile after I accepted online. All in all get it in soon because the new way requires the English test and it's all booked out for the next few months.! If I had carried on the old way it could have taken up to 13 months rather than 12 days to be approved.
that's good and informative...thanks...BC Nomination is synchronized with express entry...I have seen on the website of Saskachwen Nomination program...they have introduced the rules of SINP but haven't started the express entry...do you have any idea about this?