+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on FOIA results

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadmani said:
Thanks thecoolguysam for your detailed reply. This is exactly what I did last time. The only part that I did not was attaching the biographical pages and copy of visa stickers. I'll do this and update you on how it went. Once again thanks for your help.
I've made several FOIA requests...also helped friends with theirs...entered passport and other data, but never attached anything. The entry reports still came through. (All the requestors were U.S. citizens, so that may have made things easier.) Of course, attaching copies of your passport, etc. won't hurt, but I don't think it's a requirement. If your last request was rejected, you likely omitted some important piece of information. Also, you have to be specific about what you're requesting, such as "I request a record of my entries into the United States from January 1, 2011 thru January 1, 2015."

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
I've made several FOIA requests...also helped friends with theirs...entered passport and other data, but never attached anything. The entry reports still came through. (All the requestors were U.S. citizens, so that may have made things easier.) Of course, attaching copies of your passport, etc. won't hurt, but I don't think it's a requirement. If your last request was rejected, you likely omitted some important piece of information. Also, you have to be specific about what you're requesting, such as "I request a record of my entries into the United States from January 1, 2011 thru January 1, 2015."
Thanks! I am not US citizen maybe this is why they don't bother to take a look at my request!! ;) ;)

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadmani said:
Thanks! I am not US citizen maybe this is why they don't bother to take a look at my request!! ;) ;)
You don't have to be a U.S. citizen to make a FOIA request. Many people in this forum have done so successfully. The main problem most people have is that they don't create an account, in which case they can't access their report when it arrives. Try again, following thecoolguysam's instructions, and things should work out.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I have an update that my FOIA won't be processed until Sep 1, 2015, but the form I was given after my test only gives me 30 days from Jul 28, 2015. What should I do? I'm a U.S. citizen who of course had tons of day trips.

Please advise!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
eeeeeeeelectric said:
I have an update that my FOIA won't be processed until Sep 1, 2015, but the form I was given after my test only gives me 30 days from Jul 28, 2015. What should I do? I'm a U.S. citizen who of course had tons of day trips.

Please advise!
What does your FOIA status exactly state?

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
thecoolguysam said:
What does your FOIA status exactly state?
Not sure I understand this. I requested the agency be the US CBP?
Request Information
Agency : OFO/TECS searches needed
Will Pay Up To : $5.00
Date Submitted : 07/28/2015
Estimated Date of Completion : 09/01/2015
Request Phase : Assignment
Request Track : Simple
Final Disposition : Undetermined

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Not sure I understand this. I requested the agency be the US CBP?
Request Information
Agency : OFO/TECS searches needed
Will Pay Up To : $5.00
Date Submitted : 07/28/2015
Estimated Date of Completion : 09/01/2015
Request Phase : Assignment
Request Track : Simple
Final Disposition : Undetermined

I think the website gives estimated date however the report is processed quicker.
For me it took less than a month. For some people in this forum, it took less than a week and for some people it took many months.
Hopefully you will receive it soon. I hope you have made an online FOIA account because it is required to get the report.

Also did you submit copy of your passport and nexus card online or you just mentioned the number?
Did you provide the pass id# or the number printed above "Ready Lane" in regards to the nexus card.

When i submitted the request, I uploaded copies of my nexus card as well as the passport. When I got the results, for nexus card, it showed the number printed above "Ready Lane" in the report. It did not show the Pass ID#. Hopefully you have mentioned either both the numbers or the number above "Ready Lane"

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
thecoolguysam said:
I think the website gives estimated date however the report is processed quicker.
For me it took less than a month. For some people in this forum, it took less than a week and for some people it took many months.
Hopefully you will receive it soon. I hope you have made an online FOIA account because it is required to get the report.

Also did you submit copy of your passport and nexus card online or you just mentioned the number?
Did you provide the pass id# or the number printed above "Ready Lane" in regards to the nexus card.

When i submitted the request, I uploaded copies of my nexus card as well as the passport. When I got the results, for nexus card, it showed the number printed above "Ready Lane" in the report. It did not show the Pass ID#. Hopefully you have mentioned either both the numbers or the number above "Ready Lane"
Thank you so much for this help. Yes to all of your above questions. Thanks to this forum, I modified my request to include those scans.

Crossing my fingers.

Any advice on how to deal with informing CIC that I won't meet their deadline? If that occurs, I mean?