+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on correction of Passport# and application validity in CoPR

Nov 16, 2021
Old passport# and Application upto date mentioned in eCoPR (received 1 day ago) even though shared the renewed passport and details through Webform 3 months ago after passport renewal .

Application valid date for primary applicant and dependents is mentioned the same which is the old passport's (shared in initial Express entry application) expiry date .

Now when correction requested again to the portal email, an IMM form Link was instructed to amend . However, passport details come under personal information and don't come under the information to be amended in the IMM form.

Kindly advise how my new passport# can be linked with our application ?

Also curious if the PR card will also be valid upto the expiry date of Old passport ?

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
Hi

I dont have last name on my passport and my full name is in GIVEN NAME section of passport. Would there be any problem when i apply for canada immigration or is there any way to solve the issue .plz tell me the solution whether i should change or no ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I dont have last name on my passport and my full name is in GIVEN NAME section of passport. Would there be any problem when i apply for canada immigration or is there any way to solve the issue .plz tell me the solution whether i should change or no ?
Have you tried reading through the instructions? There are quite specific instructions to deal with this issue. Eg on one form it says:
"If you don’t have a family name on your passport or travel document, enter all your given names in the “Family Names” field and leave the given name field blank.

If you don’t have a given name on your passport or travel document, leave the “Given Name” field blank."

So judging by this (I believe same approach for all immigration applications), there should be no need to change your passport, at least for this issue.

aatifbaig

Feb 2, 2018
Hi

I had the same issue but thank god i knew that in North America Last name is very important so i re-applied passport with change of appearance category which you can do anytime and then split my name into last name and first. You can do same. If you want to avoid trouble. Because in almost every form in canada we have last name mandatory. hope this helps.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I had the same issue but thank god i knew that in North America Last name is very important so i re-applied passport with change of appearance category which you can do anytime and then split my name into last name and first. You can do same. If you want to avoid trouble. Because in almost every form in canada we have last name mandatory. hope this helps.
I will say - even though Canada's instructions account for the case of different given/last name arrangements on passports - if one has the time to change passport to split first/last name and it can be done in country of origin, it likely would be a LOT easier in the long term.

So: not strictly necessary - but it still might be a good idea.

shahbaaz123

Nov 24, 2020
what is the procedure for splitting the name into GIVEN and LAST name section of passport. I m from India and wants to know the step by step procedure .plz advise