+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on application for Skilled worker form

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Hi,
The very first section of this form says "how many family members(including yourself) are included in this application for permanent residence in canada" I answered it 1. because I am the only applicant.

Now, I wonder in the same form it is also asking questions regarding family members(Details of Family members). Do I need to provide this details though I am not processing their immigration?

Thanks
SAM

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Thanks,
Can I include my parent's details. But they are not included in application, I m the only one who is going to apply.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samv18 said:
Hi,
The very first section of this form says "how many family members(including yourself) are included in this application for permanent residence in canada" I answered it 1. because I am the only applicant.

Now, I wonder in the same form it is also asking questions regarding family members(Details of Family members). Do I need to provide this details though I am not processing their immigration?

Thanks
SAM

I guess you are talking about "IMM 0008", answer is same as above memebr advised you. If you indicate your status "Un Married" then allother family details on this form will go ' N/A"

But on Form "IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information" Section "A" you need to write about your father and mother, follon on, Section "C", all your BROTHERS, SISTERS, HALF/STEP Brother and Sisters would be included.

Good luck

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Thank you so much members....
Your great! I really appreciate your replies....

Thanks again
sam

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Hello,

Do I need to submit my photo with the application? If yes, what would be the size? In the documents checked list this item is not mentioned.

Thanks
Sam

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Hello,
In Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled workers Form(IMM 008). Question No.6 regarding English Proficiency..
I have Toefl Test score, did Master's in USA, Studied in an English Medium School and College, Worked in USA for an IT Company.

Is Toefl acceptable?
If I Select NO(For Question No.6) Do I need to provide evidence of proficiency in English while submitting this form?
What are the documents needed to provide as an evidence of proficiency in English?

If I Select Yes(For Question No.6) Can I take IELTS later, when they ask me to provide a copy? Will they give sufficient time before I could submit IELTS results to them?

Any replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to provide your own documents and TOEFL for English. They might accept it, might not. They will give you 90 days to get all your documents together but one guy on here said he didn't actually get the letter asking for documents until it was a month old so he had only 60. If they ask you for IELTS and you can't get an IELTS date before that time, what some people have done is send all their documents within the time limit along with information about their appointment for IELTS and that they couldn't get one sooner and it has worked.

The only problem not taking IELTS is that from what I've heard, they usually ask for it anyway and if you are tight on points in the first place and accidentally over-estimate your English, you may find yourself not getting enough points on IELTS and ending up short. That is why it would be better to take it before you apply, because you know exactly how many points you have and if you are short of 67, you have time to re-take IELTS and try to get a better score.

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Thanks Leon,
If I select NO. then Do I need to provide the evidence of english proficiency while submitting forms?

Thanks again
SAM