+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question : do we need to submit RCMP letter to apply for Paper-based PR ?

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hello,

I'm not sure if this question is asked before.. do we need to submit RCMP Criminal check letter to apply for Paper-based PR? (assuming someone lives in Canada)

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
krishnat said:
Hello,

I'm not sure if this question is asked before.. do we need to submit RCMP Criminal check letter to apply for Paper-based PR? (assuming someone lives in Canada)
Well, you can still submit everything else as a package. I submited my criminal record along with everything else to avoid future slow down

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

reference : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
krishnat said:
How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

reference : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
you have to provide police clearance certificate from all the countries where you lived more than 6 months since you were 18 years old.