+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about travelling outside Canada with pending application

astarter

Sep 2, 2020
My AOR is from Sep 2020. It's FSW-Outland since we were in USA at that time. Since then we have moved to Canada on a work permit and are working here since beginning of this year. I was hoping we would get our PR by now and I won't have to figure this part out. Multiple GCMS notes have basically concluded that our applications have not been touched much since Nov 2020 when medical was passed and eligibility was recommended passed. We are originally from India and our parents are still there. We have not travelled to India for last 2.5 years (our trip got cancelled last year due to Covid) and we haven't planned any since then. Now, we are thinking to go to India later this year (say in Nov) for 2 months. Some of this would be vacation and other we'll be just working from there since we anyways work remotely for our teams in USA. Now, I think there are some interesting intersections with our PR application which I'm hoping someone can help me understand:

a) Scenario 1: If we get our PR approved say in October and we get e-CoPR, does this mean that we can't travel outside of Canada until we get PR card since our visa/work permit would be immediately cancelled and it would take time to get PR card? How long this wait can be?
b) Scenario 2: If we are in India say in Nov and then we get e-CoPR email, do we just get stuck in India since our visa is cancelled immediately and we don't have PR card yet? How do we get PR card then? Would those be shipped to India? How long can it take?

I guess I'll have more questions once someone helps with those questions. I'm sorry if these questions are very basic but as I'm planning my trip to India, I want to understand all the possible scenarios.

Can someone please provide some guidance here?