+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the “Immigration and Citizenship status” section

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi all,

I need some guidance when it comes to the “do you currently, or have you ever held immigration and citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?” question.

1. I worked on a summer camp in the States and I had a J1 visa. When they ask about dates from-to, should the dates be the issue and expiry of the J1 visa or when I came and left the country? It was 16 years ago and I have no way of verifying when my flights were.

2. I’m from a country that is a member of EU and I spend some time working in the UK. I didn’t need any visa or anything back then, should I list that too?

3. I noticed that in the “status” dropdown menu in this question one of the options is “Visitor”. I had a US visitor visa when I was already in Canada. Should I mention that too? Also, the issue and expiry of that visa or every time I went to the states while I had that visa?

thank you

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Can someone who has had a somewhat similar situation tell me their approach?
i am super confused not because whenever I call IRCC they tell me something different every time

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I only specified the citizenship and PR that I held. None of the other temporary visa that I had for other countries including B1/B2 from USA I skipped. If you search this forum you will get both the answers. Some specify everything and some don't. So you won't get a definite answer and have to decide it yourself.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I only specified the citizenship and PR that I held. None of the other temporary visa that I had for other countries including B1/B2 from USA I skipped. If you search this forum you will get both the answers. Some specify everything and some don't. So you won't get a definite answer and have to decide it yourself.
Thanks for your reply.
How did your application go?