+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about strange address

Phlcan

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it okay to put 'Don't remember' in the 'number and street' section of 12.Adresses of IMM5669 as the applicant has lived in several addresses since reaching 18, and he can no longer remember the exact number and street name of one of the addresses he has lived at?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Try your best to find the address and phone number - ask friends and family, someone might remember. If you can't find them, just write a brief explanation and as many details as you do remember.
For what would be considered 'strange' addresses, just write a description of where you lived. The examples given in the posts above would be acceptable. For the address section, CIC wants to know where you actually lived, so if the mailing address was a PO box, include an explanation and the address/description of your residential address. I would put both the Spanish (or whatever language) and the English translation.

In my application, I had to attach a separate sheet of paper with an explanation of 1. that I didn't know the phone number and street address of a couple of places I lived, and 2. a description of where I lived when that place had no real street address. For example: "From February 2, 2004, until January 31, 2005, I lived on the campus of the .... University in Mianyang, Sichuan, China. There was no address. My apartment was in one of the two apartment buildings reserved for senior staff and foreign teachers at the top of the hill on campus. My apartment was the one on the left on the ground floor of the first building up the hill."
OK, so if they really want to check this, they could find it.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Phlcan said:
Is it okay to put 'Don't remember' in the 'number and street' section of 12.Adresses of IMM5669 as the applicant has lived in several addresses since reaching 18, and he can no longer remember the exact number and street name of one of the addresses he has lived at?
I think alomost everyone has this issue since that is a lot of addresses to remember, especially through the young adult years. What we did is used google maps, we would write the intersection that he lived at then do the street view and he would recognize the building and we would zoom in for the street number, this helped us alot and solved most of the addresses we were not sure about. I certainly would not put dont remember though, do your best as Canadianwomen has said and good luck !

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmymexi said:
I think alomost everyone has this issue since that is a lot of addresses to remember, especially through the young adult years. What we did is used google maps, we would write the intersection that he lived at then do the street view and he would recognize the building and we would zoom in for the street number, this helped us alot and solved most of the addresses we were not sure about. I certainly would not put dont remember though, do your best as Canadianwomen has said and good luck !
Great idea!

Old passports contact info section and old letters can also be very helpful :)

That being said, try your best and if you can't remember any info for an address many years ago (e.g., as a child) explain it and move on. Good luck!

Phlcan

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the ideas canadianwoman, OhCanadiana, and missmymexi.

sundie134

Jun 24, 2012
Hello everyone i have question about IMM 5669 question 8, am already 22 now do i have to start 2008, 06 or i have to start 2012. im really confused can anyone help me?? :( i need to answer my form as soon as possible the problem is im not sure and about IMM 0008 dependants declaration do i have to put N/ A in every question i don't have kids yet.

can anyone answer my question??? :(