+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about spouse's family!

Kittyyface

Aug 22, 2013
Hi all!

I am a Canadian citizen applying to sponsor my future husband to become a permanent resident in Canada. In one of the forms we have to fill out, it says that we need to include 8 pictures of him and all his family members.. there are a few other places where it says things like this.. does that mean only family members who are planning on going with him, or his mom, dad, and two sisters?? Thanks guys.

While I'm at it, I have a second question. Considering that if he even gets the residency it could take two years, how do they expect me to now be able to send them proof that I'm planning on moving there permanently if he gets it (like leases, job offers etc.)? Is there something else I could send to show that I do in fact plan on moving there if he gets it, but that might be another year and a half at least?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)

jem0955

Aug 6, 2013
Are you planning to move to his country? That's what I understand you are asking. Regarding the pictures, they are asking for photos of his immediate and extended family that he has regular contact with. The more photos that are not the same the better.

Residency meaning a job working in a hospital as a doctor, you couldn't send any proof other then your word that you will go with him to his place of residency. Once proof comes in, then you can send it and my experience so far it has gone on for 3 years since we put our PR Visa application in. Too much time ahead.

I hope I helped.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Kittyyface said:
Hi all!

I am a Canadian citizen applying to sponsor my future husband to become a permanent resident in Canada. In one of the forms we have to fill out, it says that we need to include 8 pictures of him and all his family members.. there are a few other places where it says things like this.. does that mean only family members who are planning on going with him, or his mom, dad, and two sisters?? Thanks guys.

While I'm at it, I have a second question. Considering that if he even gets the residency it could take two years, how do they expect me to now be able to send them proof that I'm planning on moving there permanently if he gets it (like leases, job offers etc.)? Is there something else I could send to show that I do in fact plan on moving there if he gets it, but that might be another year and a half at least?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)
The 8 "immigration" photographs are only for the principal applicant and any dependents who are members of the "Family Class".
They do NOT want the 8 "immigration" photographs for everyone. Any other photographs mentioned are to demonstrate the relationship is real and not a marriage of convenience. They are supplied at your discretion.

Regarding the "proof".. It is as, you say, almost impossible to prove an intention to return. However, what most people have done is to provide a "plan for the future" in writing where you state what you are planning to do once PR is granted. This is things like where you intend to live, work or study. Basically, what is your hoped for timeline over the next couple of years. If your family and friends know of your intentions, a few well written letters from a number of them showing that they know of your future plans and offering support etc will go a long way to convincing the visa officer.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jem0955 said:
Are you planning to move to his country? That's what I understand you are asking. Regarding the pictures, they are asking for photos of his immediate and extended family that he has regular contact with. The more photos that are not the same the better.

Residency meaning a job working in a hospital as a doctor, you couldn't send any proof other then your word that you will go with him to his place of residency. Once proof comes in, then you can send it and my experience so far it has gone on for 3 years since we put our PR Visa application in. Too much time ahead.

I hope I helped.
I appreciate that you are new here but please do a lot more research on the procedures and terminology before answering questions. Residency refers to "being a resident of a country" and has nothing in this context to do with hospitals.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zardoz's first post is probably 100% correct but just to double-check, would you please tell us whether your husband is applying inland or outland and if the latter which Visa Office is likely to be concerned with the application. You probably know that there are country-specific requirements, which include check lists which differ from one another. I have read some but not all of them and so am not 100% sure that the one which applies to your husband's application does not require 8 photos of each member of his family. That would surprise me, but you never know! The forms are very confusing!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
From her other thread, It's outland via "somewhere in the Middle East" or Austria.