+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about sponsoring wife from Jordan

canis_lupus

Jun 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

I will be getting married soon, and my fiance is currently living in Jordan. I went on to the CIC website a few days ago and it tells me that the application takes 23 months (or 2 years) just to fully process which I thought was a little ridiculous. I was really shocked at this as I don't understand how this can take so long and I am worried this is going to put strain on the marriage.

Is there anyone else here who has sponsored someone from Jordan on this forum ? Does it really take 2 years before one's spouse is able to come to Canada or is there a way to speed this up ? I was told the inland route takes longer but even that seems to be 15 months which is a heck of a lot shorter than 2 years. If anyone has got some insight in to this (I am a self proclaimed newbie at all this), I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I am a Canadian citizen. I don't know if that has any bearing on any of this, but might as well put it in there.

rand75

Feb 24, 2016
canis_lupus said:
Hello everyone,

I will be getting married soon, and my fiance is currently living in Jordan. I went on to the CIC website a few days ago and it tells me that the application takes 23 months (or 2 years) just to fully process which I thought was a little ridiculous. I was really shocked at this as I don't understand how this can take so long and I am worried this is going to put strain on the marriage.

Is there anyone else here who has sponsored someone from Jordan on this forum ? Does it really take 2 years before one's spouse is able to come to Canada or is there a way to speed this up ? I was told the inland route takes longer but even that seems to be 15 months which is a heck of a lot shorter than 2 years. If anyone has got some insight in to this (I am a self proclaimed newbie at all this), I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I am a Canadian citizen. I don't know if that has any bearing on any of this, but might as well put it in there.
I dont know about the inland process, but i know that the majority of outland sponsorships are done in less than half the time they have posted on the CIC site. It takes longer only if there are complications such as red flags in your relationship or interview requests. The posted timeline for vietnamese applicants being processed at the singapore visa office for example is 23 months, however the latest approval I see on the singapore thread was given within 10-11 months after applying. I can see the same thing for pakistani applicants being processed at london visa office, the posted time is 26 months but majority of them seem to be processed within 10-11 months also.

So go ahead and do it, but just remember to follow instructions thoroughly, be truthful, and provide as much proof of relationship as you can.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
canis_lupus said:
Hello everyone,

You should follow the Amman Thread here! There are a couple of active members and we also started a spreadsheet. Just a little note, the amman visa office has stated to send newer files to Romania. Which means they are getting rid of the backlog

:)

canis_lupus

Jun 8, 2016
Masriixo said:
You should follow the Amman Thread here! There are a couple of active members and we also started a spreadsheet. Just a little note, the amman visa office has stated to send newer files to Romania. Which means they are getting rid of the backlog

:)
Is the fact that they are sending files to Romania a good thing or a bad thing ? I suppose that means that when I get around to filing my application, that it will be sent to Romania as well right ?

canis_lupus

Jun 8, 2016
rand75 said:
I dont know about the inland process, but i know that the majority of outland sponsorships are done in less than half the time they have posted on the CIC site. It takes longer only if there are complications such as red flags in your relationship or interview requests. The posted timeline for vietnamese applicants being processed at the singapore visa office for example is 23 months, however the latest approval I see on the singapore thread was given within 10-11 months after applying. I can see the same thing for pakistani applicants being processed at london visa office, the posted time is 26 months but majority of them seem to be processed within 10-11 months also.

So go ahead and do it, but just remember to follow instructions thoroughly, be truthful, and provide as much proof of relationship as you can.
Thanks for the info. I feel a bit better now lol. One thing that still gnaws at me is that I heard the offices in Syria and Iraq were shut down due to the problems there and that all of that traffic is now being routed through Amman. If true, is it possible that the wait time could still be closer to 23 months ?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Amman actually takes care of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and Jordan citizens. I guess they felt overwhelmed and there was too much backlog so they started sending files to Romania. So it's a good thing that they're trying to fix their problem and delegate to other visa offices. I'm not 100% sure if yours will be sent to Romania but if you check the Amman thread there are quite a few members that got transferred. I guess it'll depend on what time you apply. Either way I think it's all the same. Ammans average is around 14-18 months, and Romanias time on CIC is 13 months but it could be less. :)