+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about required documents for Bridging Open Work Permit under PNP

yuta

Jan 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am confused about the required documents for Bridging Open Work Permit. I am a Manitoba Provincial Nominee holder and have been waiting for a permanent residency for over a year now. My current closed work permit will be expired within 4 months and that I wanted to apply for BOWP. I could not find a document checklist for BOWP application, but the general work permit extension checklist IMM5556. This checklist does not help me much. I believe that I need to submit;

1) IMM5710
2) Proof of payment for Open Work Permit holder fee
3) A copy of the Nomination Letter. (the expiry date of nomination is over a year ago)

Please advise me if I need any other supporting documents for applying BOWP.

The BOWP information that I found online;
1. Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 767.09KB)
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Thank you.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You need to pay work permit processing fee in addition to open work permit holder fee.
Also needed is your AOR, the email which contains the file number for your PR application.

Is your nomination employer restricted?

Reactions: Amrita06

yuta

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

I have an AOR email from CIC. I do not have any restriction on my nomination.
So, what I need is
1) IMM5710 (Select Open Work Permit)
2) Proof of payment for Open Work Permit holder fee + Work permit processing fee
3) A copy of the Nomination Letter. (the expiry date of nomination is over a year ago)
4) a copy of AOR

Please correct me if something is wrong.

Thank you.

yuta

Jan 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a question about online payment for Bridging Open Work Permit. I paid this fee $255.00 online for a paper application. Then, I uploaded all of the required BOWP documents as well as the receipt of payment online. When I jumped to the final page, it asked me to pay the same amount again. I went back to the previous page and tried to go to the online payment page again, then the page said the technical issue has occurred and the session time was expired. When I logged in my account page, the access button for this application has gone already. I cannot go back to the final payment page anymore. I have not received a confirmation email from CIC for this application yet (I just did this process 15 minutes ago). Does anyone know that my application was successfully submitted??

Yuta

Dmountain

Jun 7, 2019
I'm waiting still ! It's super delayed
how long have you submitted? tell from the checklist of IMM5556, no need for a work offer and support letter from PNP to apply for a birdge work permit. However, in the online application system, one is supposed to submit offer letter and support letter. Do you submit these two letters. I have job offer letter but no support leter.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
how long have you submitted? tell from the checklist of IMM5556, no need for a work offer and support letter from PNP to apply for a birdge work permit. However, in the online application system, one is supposed to submit offer letter and support letter. Do you submit these two letters. I have job offer letter but no support leter.
if you are currently with open permit and tried to apply BOWP... i dont think u need to say yes to job offer... that is for LMIA part... support letter is from the pnp office.and again you do not need it if you are not applying for closed permit with LMIA condition.

Dmountain

Jun 7, 2019
if you are currently with open permit and tried to apply BOWP... i dont think u need to say yes to job offer... that is for LMIA part... support letter is from the pnp office.and again you do not need it if you are not applying for closed permit with LMIA condition.
Thank you for your information!

arshad94

Dec 3, 2019
Hey guys! Question on BOWP as well. If you have been nominated from a province, but you reside in another (though you intend on moving to the nominating province, of course), how do you reflect that in your application?

This applies to me. I reside in Ontario with my family, where I also work (on an open work permit), but I was nominated thoruhg Alberta and willl move there once PR is finalized.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys.

Can someone please help with my query about the closed work permit..

I have a closed work permit and applied my pr application through pnp and yet the pr is not been finalised and my work peelrmit will expire soon..

Can someone please tell me what sort of documents i need to apply for it and how much i the total fees for the work permit..??