Question about photographs...page 16 of kit

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Photos: Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not.

Ok...It says to include pictures of all family members, even if they are not going to accompany you. Neither of my children belong to my husband (the Canadian). The oldest one has not communicated with me in well over 10 years...I have no clue where he lives (his choice...long dramatic story) and my other child will be under 22 when we apply for immigration and she lives with us. Her photo is not a problem. My son...that's the issue. He's married, that much I know since his biological dad tells me snippets of news from time to time about him. He will be in his 30's when we apply. Soooo...I guess my question is this: What do I do if I cannot (and most likely won't be able to) obtain a photo of him for the application? Has anyone been in this kind of situation? Anyone have a clue as to what this might do to the application?

Sigh. :(

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Hi KarenCee - not sure if this has been answered by anybody else but this is my understanding:

The photos and family member info is for those members of your family who will be accompanying you or those you might want to sponsor in the future.

In this case it doesn't sound like its an issue or worry for you to provide this info for your son

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dishy_max for replying! I posted this on another Cdn immigration forum and got an answer there. I'm glad this won't impede our process. :) I have to admit, for a moment there when I read that (I've read so much lately) I was worried this would cause problems.

TheDecision

Jan 10, 2011
dishy_max said:
Hi KarenCee - not sure if this has been answered by anybody else but this is my understanding:

The photos and family member info is for those members of your family who will be accompanying you or those you might want to sponsor in the future.

In this case it doesn't sound like its an issue or worry for you to provide this info for your son
Do you need to include all your family members' photos and info, even if you are the only one immigrating for now? Of course, we do not know in the future if you will want to get your parents and siblings as well. So what's the best thing to do to have this option in the future?