+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about one of the 38 occupations in list

jeguzmanv

Nov 28, 2008
Hello everyone,
Well we finally have the list we have been waiting for so long. But sadly my occupation was not in the list (devastating). I am a software engineer and my noc is 2173. The only IT related noc in the list is 0213 (computer information systems manager). Any way I was doing some research and I found out that computer information systems manager can also contain some other occupations within it (including mine).
So my question is, is there any chance my occupation might be still considered???

Here is the link where I read it: http://workingincanada.gc.ca/search_occupation.do?noc=0213&lang=en

Thank you all very much in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jeguzmanv said:
Hello everyone,
Well we finally have the list we have been waiting for so long. But sadly my occupation was not in the list (devastating). I am a software engineer and my noc is 2173. The only IT related noc in the list is 0213 (computer information systems manager). Any way I was doing some research and I found out that computer information systems manager can also contain some other occupations within it (including mine).
So my question is, is there any chance my occupation might be still considered???

Here is the link where I read it: http://workingincanada.gc.ca/search_occupation.do?noc=0213&lang=en

Thank you all very much in advance.
Operative word in the job description is MANAGER, no managerial experience, not qualified.

PMM

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
I am also a IT professional and spent so much time preparing and sending the application. this list have Shattered my dreams and all the hard work i did to prepare the time consuming documentation of the application.

does anyone know, if there is any hope or any way?

jeguzmanv

Nov 28, 2008
There are two possibilities the way I see it, you can try to study a postgraduate degree in whatever university and then take advantage of the experience class program, or you can go to the provincial nomine program (the difficult part of this one is the job arrangement).
If you find a better way please tell us.
Greets.

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Dear PMM,

My current designation is Assistant Manager, Information Technology. Major duties are Administering Database and Application software and also developing software if company require. I am in this designation and duties for last 8 months.

My previous designation was Assistant Manger MIS/Webmaster. Major duties were administering Database and Application software and also developing software if company require. In addition to that I also administered web server. I was in this designation and duties for 2 years.

I am a Computer science honors and master degree holder and have substantial experience in my field (I was programmer, Senior Programmer, System analyst).

PMM can plz advice me I qualify for computer information system managers.

Thanks
MILON

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
Is it so difficult to open the website of HRSDC, click on Occupational Descriptions or search the NOC code, click on all occupations and see the occupations that are under the NOC code and read the responsibilities under the specified occupation???

Oh, excuse me! Is easier to ask, than find the answer yourself.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
here is a link to NOC - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/index.aspx?lc=e

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Thanks Suin.

Dear valioiko,

I have read the job descriptions for computer and information system Managers in the canada gov site.
And I know it is easy to find.

There are three IT Executive under me. One of them is Sr. Executive IT. His job description and job description for computer and information system Managers are quite same. Will he qualify.

Thanks
Milon

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
HI mates

finally the list is puplished but I just want an advice abot (UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR) I am not sure if it meets my qualification. the description of the job is as mine (teaching undergraduate student), actually I hold Master degree in computer science and I have experience of 4 years in University as lecturer, but I am little confused, because it said that this occupation needs "DOCTORAL DEGREE" and in the ONTARIO site description said "DOCTOARAL or MASTER"

please share your experience and opinions.

Cheers
zaid

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zaidkhalid said:
HI mates

finally the list is puplished but I just want an advice abot (UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR) I am not sure if it meets my qualification. the description of the job is as mine (teaching undergraduate student), actually I hold Master degree in computer science and I have experience of 4 years in University as lecturer, but I am little confused, because it said that this occupation needs "DOCTORAL DEGREE" and in the ONTARIO site description said "DOCTOARAL or MASTER"

Cheers
zaid
1. Professor 4121 the NOC states

"Employment requirements

* A doctoral degree in the field of specialization is required.

* Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.
So you are out of luck.

PMM

Etienne

Nov 30, 2008
I previously thought of applying through the NOC management information systems (MIS) analyst (2171), as I have most experience in that (6 years), but I do have 2 and a bit years of experience as a Business Intelligence Manager (also called Management Information Manager) reporting to the head of IT. I assume this will fall under the 0213 NOC.

Is this assumption correct, and does it matter that my experience as an information technology manager was not heading up a whole IT department, but rather a division within IT (i.e. Business Intelligence/ Data warehousing/ Management Information)?

I am also not in that role any longer and have moved into a more senior IT architectural role due to financial reasons and career progression reasons. Will I still be able to use NOC 0213??

milon

Aug 2, 2008
DEAR PMM and Other Senior Member,

Job description of “computer and information system managers” and assisting to that job description (“computer and information system managers”) will be treated as same.

Thanks
Milon

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Hi PMM & others,

I have a question here, I am an accountant and a member of the Certicied chartered Accountant of England (ACCA), I saw NOC 1111 (Financial Auditors and Accountants) which perfectly fits my Occupation, but reading forward, I discovered that they emphasised CGA and other Canadian qualifications, pls what difference does this make?

chev

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
chevchenko said:
Hi PMM & others,

I have a question here, I am an accountant and a member of the Certicied chartered Accountant of England (ACCA), I saw NOC 1111 (Financial Auditors and Accountants) which perfectly fits my Occupation, but reading forward, I discovered that they emphasised CGA and other Canadian qualifications, pls what difference does this make?

chev
No, they do not expect you to be chartered in Canada, just as a medical doctor is not expected to be licensed to practice in Canada. However, you must prove that you have the necessary qualifications, knowledge and experience to become chartered once you arrive there.

The "Employment Requirements" section of the NOC description does not apply for Skilled Worker applications. For more information, read my post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/your-work-experience-questions-t12438.0.html

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
zaidkhalid said:
HI mates

Cheers
zaid
Not a problem, read my post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/your-work-experience-questions-t12438.0.html