+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about NOC for QA Automation Engineer or SDET

Semantica

Jan 6, 2016
Hello, everybody!

I found a few topics on this forum which stated that for SDET NOC 2174 is the most suitable option, but I still not sure if I am eligible for this NOC :(.

Here is the story:
I have been working for 3,5 years on two positions and in a nutshell my duties were software tests automation, that is to say, 90% of time I was writing, maintaining and reviewing autotests code, and I also was reporting bugs and writing test cases, but from my perspective I am not eligible for NOC 2173 as Testing Engineer, because I have spent on the latter activity just 10% of my working time.

My duties are listed below.
Can anyone suggest if both of my positions are relevant for NOC 2174, or I should choose another NOC, or maybe there should be some other details about my job in the reference letter?

Also, is it okay if some duties are the same in two reference letters?

Here are duties for the first position:

-Writing and maintaining C# code with .Net Framework and SQL using custom GUI testing API for functional testing of common functionality areas of various <CompanyName> products
-Writing standalone applications and utilities in C# and Powershell script to facilitate manual testing
-Contributing to and maintaining code written in C# with .Net Framework and low-level API of <CompanyName> products in common QA department automation framework
-Resolving issues and bugs in autotests framework and in autotests’ code
-Performing manual testing of <CompanyName> products: identifying, documenting and reporting defects in TFS bug tracking system, verifying fixes and providing reports on testing
-Creating documentation with instructions on automation framework and products features
-Helping manual testing experts with autotests results interpretation and verification[/list]

And here duties for my second, current position:

-Writing and maintaining C# code with .Net Framework and SQL using custom GUI testing API for functional testing of common functionality areas of various <CompanyName> products
-Contributing to and maintaining code written in C# with .Net Framework and low-level API of <CompanyName> products in common QA department automation framework
-Writing C# and JavaScript code with ASP.net for QA department autotests reports portal
-Supporting infrastructure for her autotests’ successful execution on Hyper-V Virtual machines in TFS environment
-Performing code reviews in Code Collaborator for junior SDET employees
-Mentoring junior colleagues on programming with C# best practices and on custom tools used inside <CompanyName> to enable product tests automation
-Creating documentation with instructions on automation framework and products features
-Writing test cases for further automation
-Helping manual testing experts with autotests results interpretation and verification

Shaniera

Sep 5, 2018
Hey there. Just saw your post. Am facing a similar hurdle. So did you finally apply under NOC 2174 as SDET and were you successful?

Thanks

HelloCanada910

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Hey there. Just saw your post. Am facing a similar hurdle. So did you finally apply under NOC 2174 as SDET and were you successful?

Thanks
Any new updates on System Test Engineer NOC code? I am also not able to choose the NOC code due to the similar issue.

Tzer19

Jun 20, 2021
Hello, everybody!

I found a few topics on this forum which stated that for SDET NOC 2174 is the most suitable option, but I still not sure if I am eligible for this NOC :(.

Here is the story:
I have been working for 3,5 years on two positions and in a nutshell my duties were software tests automation, that is to say, 90% of time I was writing, maintaining and reviewing autotests code, and I also was reporting bugs and writing test cases, but from my perspective I am not eligible for NOC 2173 as Testing Engineer, because I have spent on the latter activity just 10% of my working time.

My duties are listed below.
Can anyone suggest if both of my positions are relevant for NOC 2174, or I should choose another NOC, or maybe there should be some other details about my job in the reference letter?

Also, is it okay if some duties are the same in two reference letters?

Here are duties for the first position:

-Writing standalone applications and utilities in C# and Powershell script to facilitate manual testing
-Performing manual testing of <CompanyName> products: identifying, documenting and reporting defects in TFS bug tracking system, verifying fixes and providing reports on testing
-Helping manual testing experts with autotests results interpretation and verification[/list]

And here duties for my second, current position:

-Writing C# and JavaScript code with ASP.net for QA department autotests reports portal
-Supporting infrastructure for her autotests’ successful execution on Hyper-V Virtual machines in TFS environment
-Performing code reviews in Code Collaborator for junior SDET employees
-Mentoring junior colleagues on programming with C# best practices and on custom tools used inside <CompanyName> to enable product tests automation
-Writing test cases for further automation
-Helping manual testing experts with autotests results interpretation and verification
Hi All, I am facing a similar dilemma as a SDET myself. Shall I select 2174 or 2173? request you to provde inputs