+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about med test and change of address

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
Howdy all,

My application for CEC was sent in in late November while I was on implied status. I was since denied my bridging visa and I'm still waiting for my AOR. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do my meds when I receive my AOR just to have out of the way or should I do them only when requested? Another question is when I should change my address to here in Ireland as I gave my Canadian address.

Thanks in advance,

Alma

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi Alma,

I had the same situation, I actually applied when I was out of status. But I stayed in the country. Which does not make any difference to be honest.

I suggest that you wait for their request for medicals. In that case you won't be wasting your money and you will have the most recent medicals. The only time difference in upfront medicals and regular medicals would be 2 weeks tops.

On the address note, I suggest that you wait for your AOR first and then update the address.

just stay patient. You will get there eventually.

Best of luck,

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for your help. Did you go the CEC route yourself? If so, how long did it take? Im hearing things like 8 months, 13 months etc. The shortest turnaround I've heard is 7 months.