+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Foreign Work Experience while applying under CEC

kunals99

Jun 12, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Esteemed forum members,

I am in the process of submitting my Express Entry profile under Canadian Experience Class and I have a question about my Foreign Skilled Work Experience. I have worked for a cumulative of 1 year under the same NOC code but my experience is broken down as follows:

Company 1: Nov 2019 to May 2020
Company 2: April 2021 to October 2021

Both jobs are in the same NOC code but I just want to make sure that I am allowed to use this experience as nowhere in the CEC is it specified that your Foreign Work Experience needs to be continuous. Can you please confirm?

Dennisleon

Jun 13, 2024
Esteemed forum members,

I am in the process of submitting my Express Entry profile under Canadian Experience Class and I have a question about my Foreign Skilled Work Experience. I have worked for a cumulative of 1 year under the same NOC code but my experience is broken down as follows: healthinsurancemarket

Company 1: Nov 2019 to May 2020
Company 2: April 2021 to October 2021

Both jobs are in the same NOC code but I just want to make sure that I am allowed to use this experience as nowhere in the CEC is it specified that your Foreign Work Experience needs to be continuous. Can you please confirm?
Hello,

You're right! The Canadian Experience Class doesn't require continuous work experience. As long as your combined work experience under the same NOC code adds up to at least 1 year within the last 3 years, you can include both jobs in your application.

Last edited:
Reactions: kunals99

kunals99

Jun 12, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,

You're right! The Canadian Experience Class doesn't require continuous work experience. As long as your combined work experience under the same NOC code adds up to at least 1 year within the last 3 years, you can include both jobs in your application.
Thank you so much for your reply! It is very helpful.

yuandom

Jun 11, 2023
Hello,

Hi Dennisleon,

I know CEC requires work experiences gained from the most recent 3 year, but for the foreign work experience does it have this limitation? Is it still 3 years not 10 years?

-------------------------------reference from CEC page----------------------------------------
Canadian skilled work experience
You must

• have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in the 3 years before you apply
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while authorized to work under temporary resident status
  • show that you performed: