+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about ECA

Wodell1991

Jan 15, 2023
So, me and my partner are 32 years old age. We're looking to immigrate to Canada with our 4 children in 2024 from the UK (using 2023 to ensure we've all the correct documents etc) and we've been stuck with the Educational Creditional Assessment part, we both have no Secondary (High) School education, though we've done some college courses over the years (myself being Retail/Employability course and Security License/certificate) and my partner has (Childcare) does this count towards the ECA? As I don't see an option for it?

Hope you can help,
Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, me and my partner are 32 years old age. We're looking to immigrate to Canada with our 4 children in 2024 from the UK (using 2023 to ensure we've all the correct documents etc) and we've been stuck with the Educational Creditional Assessment part, we both have no Secondary (High) School education, though we've done some college courses over the years (myself being Retail/Employability course and Security License/certificate) and my partner has (Childcare) does this count towards the ECA? As I don't see an option for it?

Hope you can help,
Thanks!
So you have no education to assess? Secondary? Completed post secondary? You will not be eligible for EE without a degree. ECA is mandatory.

Wodell1991

Jan 15, 2023
So you have no education? You will not be eligible for EE without a degree. ECA is mandatory.
We have no secondary school education, no. Surely there is other options? If EE is not the correct stream where else we try? Our scores based on the already information is 354 (based on everything else) Work experience/Age and so forth as I believe my partner works in a Skilled Trades (Childcare) and myself as a Security Manager. Could you possibly point us in the right direction? Maybe PnP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have no secondary school education, no. Surely there is other options? If EE is not the correct stream where else we try? Our scores based on the already information is 354 (based on everything else) Work experience/Age and so forth as I believe my partner works in a Skilled Trades (Childcare) and myself as a Security Manager. Could you possibly point us in the right direction? Maybe PnP?
First, you need to calculate your eligibility score. You need 67 points. If you don't have secondary or post-secondary, you will not be eligible. Childcare is not a skilled trades. Skills Trades are through Red Seal and Provincial Trades so plumbing, welder, electrician etc. PNPs are not an option unless you get a job offer but even then you need an ECA to prove you can do the job (NOC). Most PNPs are through Express Entry and require ECAs. Or you can find an employer, and if they cannot hire a Canadian then you can apply for a closed work permit. But again you need ECA.

Six selection factors – Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry) - Canada.ca

Current Express Entry draws are over 500.

Wodell1991

Jan 15, 2023
First, you need to calculate your eligibility score. You need 67 points. If you don't have secondary or post-secondary, you will not be eligible. Childcare is not a skilled trades. Skills Trades are through Red Seal and Provincial Trades so plumbing, welder, electrician etc. PNPs are not an option unless you get a job offer but even then you need an ECA to prove you can do the job (NOC). Most PNPs are through Express Entry and require ECAs. Or you can find an employer, and if they cannot hire a Canadian then you can apply for a closed work permit. But again you need ECA.

Six selection factors – Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry) - Canada.ca

Current Express Entry draws are over 500.
So our best option is to go and do our GSCEs which is secondary school exams? As it's kind of useless spending 4-6 years doing a degree which we will never use.

Wodell1991

Jan 15, 2023
I'll do some more research as I'm aware that many have done it with Post-Secondary education in 2022. Thanks for your help though, appreciate it.