+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about common law partner

replyme123

Jul 7, 2011
i have a girl with my realtion since 2 year, i already applied for immigration under fsw class and i m already married with one child. since 2 year i have a close relation as a husband and wife with a girl and also she is not with my same nationality but due to social and cultural conditions i m unable to show her as my wife. can she accompany me in case i have approved by visa office. or can i call her in case i get p r. pls any one answer me in details.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to take this other woman with you, you would have to either be divorced from your wife and be married to this other woman or you would have to be separated from your wife and have lived with this other woman as husband and wife for at least a year. In either case, you would not be able to take the current wife with you on your application because Canada doesn't allow you to bring two wives.

Another option is that you get your immigration with your wife and child. Later you can divorce your wife in Canada, go back, marry the other woman and then sponsor her to Canada after that but this is a long term project.

replyme123

Jul 7, 2011
hi leon, i m here again to get an advise from u, in thread of my same post i would like to get an answer that me and my girl friend is going to plan a child, in case we get successful and having our child what are the possibilites to get both of them with me to canada. dear i m in great missery i can not leave her and i dont have any idea how can i get her with me. actually where i m living it is not a good place to live like a common partner here some islamic religious restriction cant allow me to live with her. pls give me possible solution i will b vry thankful to u.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a child with her at some point before you land as a PR, you will have to add this child to your immigration application. If you fail to do this, you will never be able to sponsor this child in the future. Having a child with the woman will not change your status with her. You are still not married and not common law.

My last answer from July 8th still stands. You can divorce your current wife and marry the other woman now in which case your current wife is not going to Canada with you OR you can go to Canada with your current wife, divorce her in Canada and then marry the other woman and sponsor her.