+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Common Law partner

abentkov

Aug 4, 2010
I have few questions and i hope someone can enlighten me.
Me and my gf(Polish citizen) are in the middle of collecting required documentation for spondorship/pr application. We can not get married because her husband is just giving her hard time for the past 3 years. She is currently on a visitiors visa here in Toronto and we have renewed twice.

Only thing left for us to get is her marriage certificate, medical exam and i have to put together a stack of photos/emails/letters to prove that we were in a relationship since 2005.

My question is, at what point of time during the application process will she be able to start attending LINC english classes? Also, has anyone applied through common law? How do officers look at situations like mine? I know that every case is different and its up to immigration officer to decide but maybe someone had a similar situation that they can share.

TIA

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Does Poland have any kind of formal separation agreement or paperwork? If so, she might need that.

Good luck with your application!

abentkov

Aug 4, 2010
lynw said:
Does Poland have any kind of formal separation agreement or paperwork? If so, she might need that.

Good luck with your application!
The only thing we can get is a court papers stating that their divorce matter is in process but from what i know its far(3-4 month) from being over.

abentkov

Aug 4, 2010
Also, for outland processing does it have to be the country of residence or we can process it in USA? If we process it in USA, will US consulate provide a visa if we apply?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If she needs a visa to get into the USA, it is risky to go through the Buffalo office, even if it is possible according to Canadian law. The USA may not give her a visa when she is called for an interview, in which case her application will almost certainly be rejected.