+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about CCTB

fahid

Apr 22, 2015
This is the situation, my second child was born overseas in Dec 2014 (tax return filed as factual resident as we never severed any ties from Canada) and we returned to Canada this month. I have a CRA account as well and was wondering if there was any process into applying for CCTB as my first born is already a recipient of the benefits or would be running into a roadblock in the process?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
fahid said:
This is the situation, my second child was born overseas in Dec 2014 (tax return filed as factual resident as we never severed any ties from Canada) and we returned to Canada this month. I have a CRA account as well and was wondering if there was any process into applying for CCTB as my first born is already a recipient of the benefits or would be running into a roadblock in the process?
If you were receiving benefits for your first child while residing overseas (regardless of your tax position and filing history), you may be asked to return those payments and pay penalties.

As for your second child, you can add him/her to your account online or in person.