+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Canadian Work Experience for CEC Express Entry

drsamu

Dec 10, 2020
Hey everyone,

I've run into a bit of a roadblock with my Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Express Entry application and I'm hoping to get some advice.

Here's my situation: I can't obtain a reference letter from my ex-employer, despite numerous attempts. However, I'm willing to provide alternative documentation to prove my work experience. Here's what I have:

1. Reference letter from a current coworker: This letter is notarized and includes detailed information about my duties and hours worked per week. It will be accompanied by my coworker's latest paystub, as well as two paystubs from the time I worked with them. I'll also provide their ID and T4.
  2. Reference letter from an ex-coworker: While this individual no longer works at the company, they have agreed to sign a reference letter for me. Although this letter won't be notarized, I'll include a paystub from the time I was employed with them.
  3. My own documentation: I'll also include my last three paystubs, my T4, Notice of Assessment, and a letter explaining the situation with my ex-employer's refusal to provide a reference letter.
I'm wondering if these documents will be sufficient to demonstrate my Canadian work experience for the CEC Express Entry application. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!