+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about appoved application (study permit)

fabbioo

Nov 4, 2014
good morning/afternoon/evening (whatever it is) everyone,

i'm a 18yr old student fromt germany(my english might not be the best, so pelase bear with me) and i submitted an application (online) for a study permit (~9months) in canada.
the application has been approved about a week ago, however there a still some things unclear for me:

after the approval of my application i got a message that said that i'm allowed to study in canada (within the time period that i had to indicate in the application).
however, i didn't really understand the part about my visa in the message and i really confused me.
therefore, my first question would be:

will i receive any sort of document (the visa) in the future? or is it registered in my passport ID or something??

furthermore, i wasn't able to print the document where i had to fill in all the information about me and my stay in canada,etc. (document IMM1294) because i don't have a printer at home. therefore, i'm not able to look over the approved application to check whether the time period i indicated i correct or wrong because i'll be studying from january 5th to the end of august in canada, but i have to be there at least one day earlier, meaning january 4th. i don't remember exactly whether i considered that or not. now this becomes a problem because the visa allows me only to stay in canada within the given time period. if i wrote in my application that i'll stay in canada from january 5th to late august it'll be a problem for me.

and my last question is:
how do i change (if needed) information in my application (the time period for my stay in this case) or is it even possible?

i'd appreciate every sort of help :)
thanks