+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about applying with Common Law

bingliusmart

Sep 14, 2009
Hey Guys:
I've meet the requirements for CEC application. My work experience just past one year (+1 day).
Should I wait one more month to submit my application or it is OK to submit right now as long as I have over 1 year work experience?

Another question is I want to apply CEC with my common law partner, she is still a University Student now, does she have to meet the CEC requirements as well, or as a co applicant she's OK since I meet the requirements?

Many many thanks.

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
(1) You can submit your application as long as you are sure you qualify and you have all the required documentation. It looks like you belong to the graduate stream, so you need to meet the following requirements:
- completed a 2 yr full-time program of study/training at a recognized Canadian institution and obtained a degree or certificate or diploma
- completed atleast 12 months full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work) following graduation from the above program. The work experience has to be in a NOC type O or level A or B occupation
- meet the minimum language requirements.

(2) As far as I know, your common-law partner does not need to qualify but (a) she has to complete Schedule 1 (Background/Declaration) and 'Additional Family Information" forms and (b) she to be found to be 'admissible'.

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to do a necro post, but is that everything that is required from a common-law - what person above mentioned.

No Englsih test needed from common-law? No Income tax information?

Thanks

Koud

Feb 25, 2014
Hi,
I applied with my common-law partner in november and application still in process (MR received last week).
The CEC criteria are for the principal applicant only so no language test, no job/tax information for common-law partner. You still have to give all document required as described in document check list: birth certificate, passport copy, some forms that need to be filled by common-law, photos, etc. ...
And you will have to send proof that you are common-law partners and fill "Statutory Declaration of Common Law union" IMM5409

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
Hi
I am December applicant with common law. Your common law don't need language test and documents required marriage certificate, passport copy, date of birth certificate and photograph..

Essat said:
(1) You can submit your application as long as you are sure you qualify and you have all the required documentation. It looks like you belong to the graduate stream, so you need to meet the following requirements:
- completed a 2 yr full-time program of study/training at a recognized Canadian institution and obtained a degree or certificate or diploma
- completed atleast 12 months full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work) following graduation from the above program. The work experience has to be in a NOC type O or level A or B occupation
- meet the minimum language requirements.

(2) As far as I know, your common-law partner does not need to qualify but (a) she has to complete Schedule 1 (Background/Declaration) and 'Additional Family Information" forms and (b) she to be found to be 'admissible'.

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your help guys!