+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Un accompanying spouse

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Need Expert help please

For Un accompanying spouse post ITA;

We've been married for about 10 months now, but we've been living in different cities since then. According to my marriage document I have been married for a some time now but my wife is completing her Bachelor's and living in a different city.

I'm really confused how to clarify this (husband and wife living in different cities) also Police Clearance Certificate will be required for spouse? What should I do? What should I add in her personal history. Is this a discrepancy that husband and wife are living in different cities ever since they're married.

Please help.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
The fact that your marital status is married doesn't give you much of a choice. You need to mention her in your profile even if she's not accompanying you and yes she needs to take the medical and have a PCC and all the related infos.
The fact that you are not living under the same roof is not an issue as long as it's explainable. In your case you will need to add an explanation letter stating that for the time being as your wife is pursuing academic goals in a different city and thus we are not living in the same spot but we do keep contact as much as possible.

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
The fact that your marital status is married doesn't give you much of a choice. You need to mention her in your profile even if she's not accompanying you and yes she needs to take the medical and have a PCC and all the related infos.
The fact that you are not living under the same roof is not an issue as long as it's explainable. In your case you will need to add an explanation letter stating that for the time being as your wife is pursuing academic goals in a different city and thus we are not living in the same spot but we do keep contact as much as possible.
Okay. Thank you! One more thing if you could help, her address on our marriage certificate is of the city where we got married (address of her maternal grandfather in that city but not the actual address where she lived at the time in different city). Is that an issue?

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
That's fine, people move from a city/address to another after marriage it happens :D
That's right but in my case it's bit complicated. I'm sorry for bothering you if you could provide any insight pls do, she has been living in a different city (city A) since she turned 18 and she has been studying there (which will go in her personal history) and we got married in the city (city B) where I live. So basically marriage certificate has a different address, her maternal grandfather's home (city B). Her id card has same address as mine (city B). Where she is studying and currently living is City A. So considering i will mention her studies in city A which covers the time when we got married (in city B). Will all of this cause any issue or is it normal to have different addresses on such documents. And I get PCC made of every address and explain in LOE. Sorry for such a messy scenario.

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
That's fine, people move from a city/address to another after marriage it happens :D
That's right but in my case it's bit complicated. I'm sorry for bothering you if you could provide any insight pls do, she has been living in a different city (city A) since she turned 18 and she has been studying there (which will go in her personal history) and we got married in the city (city B) where I live. So basically marriage certificate has a different address, her maternal grandfather's home (city B). Her id card has same address as mine (city B). Where she is studying and currently living is City A. So considering i will mention her studies in city A which covers the time when we got married (in city B). Will all of this cause any issue or is it normal to have different addresses on such documents. And I get PCC made of every address and explain in LOE. Sorry for such a messy scenario.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I don't see this making a difference really. The most important thing is that your marriage should be a valid and real one and the fact that she's not living with your at this moment is for a valid reason such as studies. If you can give this explanation in a Letter that should be fine in my point of view.

Reactions: habibi007

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
I don't see this making a difference really. The most important thing is that your marriage should be a valid and real one and the fact that she's not living with your at this moment is for a valid reason such as studies. If you can give this explanation in a Letter that should be fine in my point of view.
Alright. I understand now. Thank you so much for all the help. Really appreciate it!

Reactions: sabensaid92