+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding secondary applicant's work experience documents

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Hi experts,

I applied for Canada PR via express entry under CEC class(I have more than 1 year Canadian experience) and I received my ITA recently. I have a question regarding my wife's(Secondary applicant) work experience documents -

My wife has overall 3+ years of work experience (2 organizations in India and 1 ongoing contract in Canada). I had mentioned this experience when I created express entry profile before getting my ITA. Now my wife has offer letters and relieving letters from her employers in India (only mentioning start and end date) and current contract offer letter says she may be called "as and when needed" (no 40 hrs mentioned).

I went through couple of forums and figured out a work around of moving this experience to personal history section since these experiences are not affecting any points in my application and attach a letter of explanation about this change.

My question is -
1. Is it safe to move all these experiences to personal history section?
2. If yes, is it ok to attach these documents (whatever we have about her employment) in application?

It would be really helpful if experts can give me some pointers. TIA

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Just to add, I have already added her one temporary job done in Canada (3 weeks) in personal details section. So is it ok to add this previous experience too?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just to add, I have already added her one temporary job done in Canada (3 weeks) in personal details section. So is it ok to add this previous experience too?
Yes you can move the experience to personal history section. It doesn't impact anything. you don't need to upload any documents related to spouse's work experience.

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Yes you can move the experience to the personal history section. It doesn't impact anything. you don't need to upload any documents related to spouse's work experience.
Thanks for your prompt response. I have mentioned her UCI number for her valid dependent open work permit in express entry application and is it still fine to move all experiences in personal history section? Just being cautious since they must be having an existing record and hence confirming again. :)

Just to provide more information, me and my wife are already in Canada. TIA

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for your prompt response. I have mentioned her UCI number for her valid dependent open work permit in express entry application and is it still fine to move all experiences in personal history section? Just being cautious since they must be having an existing record and hence confirming again. :)

Any experience outside Canada for spouse doesn't earn points. Hence, you can move it to personal history section. I'm not in Canada and I'm not sure if spouse's open work permit impacts that. But my best guess is it doesn't matter. Anything that doesn't impact CRS score shouldn't impact your application in anyway.

Richa chhabra

Apr 27, 2021

Hi, did you show your wife’s work docs then ?