+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding - Relative in Canada

Akshat saxena

Aug 27, 2015
Hi,

My sister who is staying in the US recently got her PR visa stamped on her passport with validity of 7 months. She would soon be travelling to Canada for her paper work and coming back to the US.

Based on this, can I update my CIC express entry profile saying that I have a Relative in Canada with a PR, even though the question clearly states that the relative must be staying in Canada.

Also, I was wondering if she eventually get her citizenship by permanently moving to Canada, can she sponsor me and my wife ? While doing some research I could only find that only certain states which allow sponsoring siblings, that too only if she doesn't have a spouse or a family member staying with her in Canada.

I would really appreciate if someone having knowledge about the above could answer my question. As my score is only 375 (wife's 392) and I am really looking forward to immigrate to Canada.

Thank you.

Regards,
Akshat

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
siblings having add some value to your PNP but not anything in the overall EE score. You need to raise your score to 400 in order to be become eligible for a nomination from ontario

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As explained above, you won't get extra points for having a relative in Canada.

And no - you can't say you have a relative in Canada. You won't be able to say that until your sister actually lands in Canada and becomes a PR. She must also be living in Canada if you want to say you have a relative in Canada.

But again, you don't get points for relatives so it doesn't matter.

Akshat saxena

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks a lot for your response.

Also, i was wondering if she eventually get her citizenship by permanently moving to Canada, can she sponsor me and my wife ? While doing some research I could only find that only certain states which allow sponsoring siblings, that too only if she doesn't have a spouse or a family member staying with her in Canada.

Regards,
Akshat