+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query re: getting employment ref. letter notarized (req. Asivad and others)

Spottsworth

Jun 3, 2015
Hi Asivad and other experts on this forum -

Been a silent lurker on this forum and have greatly benefited from the inputs you guys have shared. I just have a very quick follow-up question to some of your posts regarding workarounds to get an employment reference letter:

My wife is the PA in our PR application and the HR in her previous firm is not willing to provide a letter outlining the roles & responsibilities. Nevertheless, her manager has provided a signed letter that outlines the job duties and responsibilities.
Unfortunately, her manager has only scanned and sent the letter by email. I just read your posts where you have rightly suggested to get this letter notarized to further bolster the application.

Here's my question: Can I take a print out of the scanned letter and approach a notary to get this letter notarized or does the notary expect to see the original letter? I am currently based in Canada and have never been to a notary here. Therefore wanted your inputs on this. Unfortunately, we don't have the letter and it would be too much of an ask to request my wife's manager to have it mailed to us.

Thanks a ton!

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I personally don't feel like notarizing the document will make any difference as it's not required (notarization that is) as part of the application. It's up to you though..