+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on the refusal of Visitor Visa Application to Canada

Newbie15

Apr 20, 2024
Hi,

I have applied for Visitor Visa to visit my brother and visit tourist attractions but Visa got refused due to the below reasons.

I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

To get help with understanding your temporary resident application refusal and what you can do next, visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application.

Can you please suggest if I update the additional suporting documents such as an email from my reporting manager approving the leave and will rejoin the company again/return flight tickets for the point I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay and for the second point a letter from my brother mentioning that he will cover all my expenses and for the third point to enjoy some quality time with my brother will these reasons suffice for getting the Visa approval or do I need to add any further details.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for Visitor Visa to visit my brother and visit tourist attractions but Visa got refused due to the below reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

To get help with understanding your temporary resident application refusal and what you can do next, visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application.

Can you please suggest if I update the additional suporting documents such as an email from my reporting manager approving the leave and will rejoin the company again/return flight tickets for the point I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay and for the second point a letter from my brother mentioning that he will cover all my expenses and for the third point to enjoy some quality time with my brother will these reasons suffice for getting the Visa approval or do I need to add any further details.
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How much did you show in funds (cash in your bank account)? You must be able to afford your own visit. It raises a red flag if brother supports visit because it shows that you cannot afford it and may not leave. Do not buy tickets. You can include approved leave including your salary and how long you have been with the company. What are any other ties to return? Usually job is not enough.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

You should show that you have more than enough funds yourself to cover your expenses and don't need to rely on your brother.

Don't book a flight ticket until the TRV is approved.

You should show additional ties to your home country such as property ownership.

How long a trip did you request?

Newbie15

Apr 20, 2024
You should show that you have more than enough funds yourself to cover your expenses and don't need to rely on your brother.

Don't book a flight ticket until the TRV is approved.

You should show additional ties to your home country such as property ownership.

How long a trip did you request?
Thank you, I don't have any property ownership. Applied for 2months initially but now planning for 3-4weeks and can you please let me know how many dollars should I show for 3-4weeks of stay where residential expenses will be covered by my brother.

Newbie15

Apr 20, 2024
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How much did you show in funds (cash in your bank account)? You must be able to afford your own visit. It raises a red flag if brother supports visit because it shows that you cannot afford it and may not leave. Do not buy tickets. You can include approved leave including your salary and how long you have been with the company. What are any other ties to return? Usually job is not enough.
Initially have applied for 2months will it makes any difference if I apply for 3-4weeks now, I have shown around18K CAD from my account. I don't have any property on my name to show, is there any other things to show the ties to the country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Initially have applied for 2months will it makes any difference if I apply for 3-4weeks now, I have shown around18K CAD from my account. I don't have any ties on my name to show.
A two month visit was way too long. That shows no tie to go back and few people get 2 months holiday. 2-3 week is best with your funds. Single people have higher chance of refusal without family ties to return. Show job letter with approved leave and length of time with the company.