+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on PCC

gc_007

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hello guys,

I need some clarification on the PCC after new rules.

I currently live in Canada on a work permit since 2013 and m from India. I have a PCC from India for my spouse and myself dated December 2014. I have visited India for 3 weeks in February 2015 and my spouse visited for 3 months.

So is my December 2014 PCC for India still valid?
Also, do I need PCC for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
gc_007 said:
Hello guys,

I need some clarification on the PCC after new rules.

I currently live in Canada on a work permit since 2013 and m from India. I have a PCC from India for my spouse and myself dated December 2014. I have visited India for 3 weeks in February 2015 and my spouse visited for 3 months.

So is my December 2014 PCC for India still valid?
Also, do I need PCC for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.
1. Indian PCC is invalid. You need PCC for both of you from India again.
2. PCC from Canada is NOT mandatory. However some people get asked for it later and given 60 days to submit it. Experience says that even if you submit the canadian pcc within 1 week your file is not looked at immediately. :( So if you haven't received ITA and don't mind spending around 60 CAD per person at private agencies (lesser at police agencies) and can wait for 1-4 weeks max for report, you can go ahead and get it for your family. Submit it along with other PCCs when you upload mandatory documents even though it is not required to do so.

All the best!

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
autumnsummer71 said:
1. Indian PCC is invalid. You need PCC for both of you from India again.
2. PCC from Canada is NOT mandatory. However some people get asked for it later and given 60 days to submit it. Experience says that even if you submit the canadian pcc within 1 week your file is not looked at immediately. :( So if you haven't received ITA and don't mind spending around 60 CAD per person at private agencies (lesser at police agencies) and can wait for 1-4 weeks max for report, you can go ahead and get it for your family. Submit it along with other PCCs when you upload mandatory documents even though it is not required to do so.

All the best!

that was a helpful answer... i have a another question relating to the same topic.

i left uk in 2010 and mvoed ot india and now saudi, how ever i got my pcc from uk last week and the date on pcc is 17th april....i have never visited uk after 2010.

how ever i read some posts and people say the pcc should not be more than 3 months old so if i dont get an ita before july 17th do i have to get a new pcc from uk again?

thanks a lot in advance

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
that was a helpful answer... i have a another question relating to the same topic.

i left uk in 2010 and mvoed ot india and now saudi, how ever i got my pcc from uk last week and the date on pcc is 17th april....i have never visited uk after 2010.

how ever i read some posts and people say the pcc should not be more than 3 months old so if i dont get an ita before july 17th do i have to get a new pcc from uk again?

thanks a lot in advance
Any UK PCC issued after you left UK is valid regardless of the date mentioned in it. (I'm assuming you lived in UK for more than 6 months after the age of 18). If you had visited UK after the PCC was issued or planning to visit now, you have to get it once again. Same for India.

So if you currently live outside Canada (and have lived for 6 or more months), then your PCC from that country is mandatory and should be issued within 6 months from the date of the PR application. PCC - 3 months rule is gone. Its updated to 6 months for the country you currently reside.

norppa

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
Any UK PCC issued after you left UK is valid regardless of the date mentioned in it. (I'm assuming you lived in UK for more than 6 months after the age of 18). If you had visited UK after the PCC was issued or planning to visit now, you have to get it once again. Same for India.

So if you currently live outside Canada (and have lived for 6 or more months), then your PCC from that country is mandatory and should be issued within 6 months from the date of the PR application. PCC - 3 months rule is gone. Its updated to 6 months for the country you currently reside.
Hello autumnsummer71,
Do you know any CIC web page mentioning that you need new PCCs after visiting a country?

What I can find on their website is only;

- For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country

I do agree that it is safer to get new PCCs as CIC rejecting applications.
But I am in a similar situation, and have already submitted my PR application, so it would be helpful if you could provide me a link.

Thanks!

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
norppa said:
Hello autumnsummer71,
Do you know any CIC web page mentioning that you need new PCCs after visiting a country?

What I can find on their website is only;

- For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country

I do agree that it is safer to get new PCCs as CIC rejecting applications.
But I am in a similar situation, and have already submitted my PR application, so it would be helpful if you could provide me a link.

Thanks!
you dont have to get pcc just visiting a country. If you have previously lived in that country for 6 or more months continuosly and visiting again after you received a pcc from them, only then you need to get it again

norppa

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
you dont have to get pcc just visiting a country.
Thank you for the answer. Sorry my question was unclear. I know I don't need PCCs for countries where I have not lived for 6 months+.

My question was, where did you find the information below?

autumnsummer71 said:
If you have previously lived in that country for 6 or more months continuosly and visiting again after you received a pcc from them, only then you need to get it again

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
norppa said:
Thank you for the answer. Sorry my question was unclear. I know I don't need PCCs for countries where I have not lived for 6 months+.

My question was, where did you find the information below?
I see what you are saying. I inferred that if you get a chance to revisit the same country from where you already got a PCC, then technically there is a chance of crimes being committed during your stay there and that defeats the purpose of PCC. That's how I interpreted it. Logically speaking revisiting a place makes the past PCC not up to date anymore. Hence my argument. But I should say there is no direct information in CIC implying what I said. Its just a logical deduction. I had a PCC that was 1.5 years old. When I attempted to get a new one at the embassy, I was asked did I revisit ever since the last one was issued and i moved out. When I said "No", they gave me a new PCC right away. I asked them what if I had revisited thats when they said then they cannot give PCC right away and they need to verify in the country if any crimes has been committed during my stay. I hope you get my point. There is no direct authoritative answer and I recommend confirming it with a lawyer.

Albertp

Nov 14, 2016
Police Certificate: Hey guys !! I made multiple visits to Germany in the past 5 year. I actually made 8 trips to Germany and 2 trips to Switzerland. Its about 13 month in total but I did not exceed the legal time limit which is 3 month in a single visit. My question is :: Do I need to get a Police Certificate to apply PR to Canada because I never spent more than three month in my single visit ???

Does that "6 month" apply to the time spent in a single visit or total in multiple visits ????

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Albertp said:
Police Certificate: Hey guys !! I made multiple visits to Germany in the past 5 year. I actually made 8 trips to Germany and 2 trips to Switzerland. Its about 13 month in total but I did not exceed the legal time limit which is 3 month in a single visit. My question is :: Do I need to get a Police Certificate to apply PR to Canada because I never spent more than three month in my single visit ???

Does that "6 month" apply to the time spent in a single visit or total in multiple visits ????
It is now "cumulative" - so if your trips combined add up to more than 6 months per country (meaning, of course, you should not combine the time in Germany and Switzerland), you need the PCC.